Exceedingly Ugly Tiles / Grounding Water Heater

THAIPHUKET

1.Today news flash about an electrocuted man is pure coincidence, I got 2 new water heaters installed. No idea if they have been well grounded. Yes there are cables , but where do they go , are they correctly done?( whatever correctly means ) HOW to be SURE?

2. the bath rooms have exceedingly ugly tiles, new ones , NO, its a rented house, but each morning would start deeply depressed if I dont do something about them.

Can you paint tiles, white ? With what/ That would be the best and probably the cheapest solution.

Edited by THAIPHUKET

1. Get the installation checked by an electrician paid for by the house owner.

2. Assuming that you will want to return the tiles to the previous condition when you vacate the house, cover with a water based paint - however I suggest that you test a small area first to ensure that it will come off without damage. Pay attention to the grout lines between times.

HTH.

Are you comfortable operating a multi (voltage) meter in an open heater? You should have the same voltage between hot to neutral and hot to ground if it is good. If you have any doubts have an "electrician" do the testing as you watch; but you may have to tell him how.