Outdoor Tiles For Yard

gennisis

At the rear of my house is a concrete yard/path.

It gets very dirty with black mould and is difficult to keep looking clean

I am considering covering with unglazed floor tiles...about 20 sq/mts in all.

Anyone able to give a ball park figure.??'I could buy the tiles myself but dont fancy laying them level!!

• 2 weeks later...
Don't use Thai tiles for outdoor use as they will fade if you put a flower pot onto them. Malaysia and Indonesia make much better tiles and you ca get good non-slip ones for around 350 baht per square metre.

The paved areas are mostly in shade so Ive used Thai tiles at 155baht sq/mt and the guy,who made a good job of it charged 80 baht sq/mt,,,,am very pleased since I looked up prices in UK and similar tiles at 10-15 gbp sq/mt. with I guess labour arround 6? gbp

<br />
Don't use Thai tiles for outdoor use as they will fade if you put a flower pot onto them. Malaysia and Indonesia make much better tiles and you ca get good non-slip ones for around 350 baht per square metre.
<br /><br /><br />The paved areas are mostly in shade so Ive used Thai tiles at 155baht sq/mt and the guy,who made a good job of it charged 80 baht sq/mt,,,,am very pleased since I looked up prices in UK and similar tiles at 10-15 gbp sq/mt. with I guess labour arround 6? gbp<br />
<br /><br /><br />

What amazed me was that the labour cost of 80 baht/sq/mt was all inclusive of the boss,his assistant,the guy who mixed the cement,the guy who carried the cement and the guy who did the tidying and cleaning up......5 of them sharing 80 baht !! on a total area of 46 sq/mt

They took 4 days and shared 4000 baht

What amazed me was that the labour cost of 80 baht/sq/mt was all inclusive of the boss,his assistant,the guy who mixed the cement,the guy who carried the cement and the guy who did the tidying and cleaning up......5 of them sharing 80 baht !! on a total area of 46 sq/mt

They took 4 days and shared 4000 baht

FWIW, that comes out to 200 baht a day per person which is a normal price for Thai labor.