Thai Court Tosses Out Pin-up Calendar Case

george

Court tosses out pin-up calendar case

BANGKOK: -- The Central Administrative Court yesterday rejected a lawsuit filed by Boonrawd Trading Co Ltd against a government commission over the Leo Beer nud_e calendar controversy, saying that the commission's act did not fall into jurisdictional conditions that the Court was authorised to rule on.

The Office of Alcohol Beverage's announcement made on November 19 was just an inquiry into the firm's act over its production of a calendar featuring nud_e women and its planned distribution of the calendar was in violation of the 2008 Control of Alcoholic Beverage Act, said Justice Aphirat Parnthepin.

"The announcement is not intended as a tool to enforce any regulation, which may have added or been contradictory to the Act that prohibited promotions and advertising of alcoholic beverage. As a result, the OAB's announcement is not an execution of administrative authorities, on which the court is endowed to rule," he said.

Boonrawd Trading Co Ltd last week lodged a complaint with the Court asking it to invalidate the OAE's announcement while demanding Bt7.6 million in compensation from the OAB. The brewer accused of OAB of illegally making new definitions of advertising methods in the announcement and trying to imply that the distribution of the calendar was not lawful.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-12-31

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

They are saying the court has no standing to overrule the OAB in this matter, nor do they have the authority to grant restitution to Boonrawd.

The court essentially punted and told LEO to live with it.

The calendar is all over the web. Just google for it. Not even that good to be honest with you.

They are saying the court has no standing to overrule the OAB in this matter, nor do they have the authority to grant restitution to Boonrawd.

The calendar is all over the web. Just google for it. Not even that good to be honest with you.

Obviously not as good as the pinup calendars I use to see distributed by The Sun newspaper in Great Britain.

I'm American but I always made an attempt to collect one each year.

Yes, is fairly easy to search the web for the Singha 2010 pinup calendar. I would call it more a work of art and fantasy where your mind might take you.

Besides the obvious controversy over a pinup calendar in Thailand (never saw one here in a mechanic shop or anywhere) there is the added controversy that the girls were body painted starting from the nud_e.

Pretty girls but I would go for the Scratch Off version of the calendar; jestingly speaking.

Obviously not as good as the pinup calendars I use to see distributed by The Sun newspaper in Great Britain.

Yes, is fairly easy to search the web for the Singha 2010 pinup calendar. I would call it more a work of art and fantasy where your mind might take you.

Besides the obvious controversy over a pinup calendar in Thailand (never saw one here in a mechanic shop or anywhere) there is the added controversy that the girls were body painted starting from the nud_e.

Pretty girls but I would go for the Scratch Off version of the calendar; jestingly speaking.

I'm waiting for the 'scratch and sniff' copy.

I think that means that Leo can distribute the nud_e calenders, and the government have no power to stop them. That's how I understand it.

Add that Leo can't make any money off of suing the OAB for trying to quash the calendar.

Unless maybe the try a different court.

Edited by animatic

I'm waiting for the 'scratch and sniff' copy.

I KNEW that was coming....

I think that means that Leo can distribute the nud_e calenders, and the government have no power to stop them. That's how I understand it.

What the ruling states is that up to now the Government hasn't actually stopped Leo from distributing the calandars, they have merely issued a warning that it might be illegal to distribute the calandars.

Until the Government actually takes action to either ban the calandar or takes the company to court over the calandars, then there is no case to answer.

It is now up to the brewery whether they distribute the calandars or not.

What the ruling states is that up to now the Government hasn't actually stopped Leo from distributing the calandars, they have merely issued a warning that it might be illegal to distribute the calandars.

Until the Government actually takes action to either ban the calandar or takes the company to court over the calandars, then there is no case to answer.

It is now up to the brewery whether they distribute the calandars or not.

Thanks. I think your explaination is much clearer.