webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi/Sawatdee ka/Sabaidee.

I'm Anita. I'm 23, Afro-American from NY, and very happily married with an infant.

I don't directly have anything to do with Thailand, but I am interested in the culture (especially how much Theravada Buddhism is intertwined with it). The spirituality strikes me most. I have studied a little Thai and Lao and hope to learn more. I hope to make some friends from Thailand here and maybe learn a bit more.

Joined the forum hoping for some advise and to learn about thailand and thai life.

Have had some advise and some insults, would some people say to your face what they post on here? don't think so.

not very impressed with things so far or maybe that's the way forums are.

I like this forum for all the member experiences- good and bad! What a great resource!

I'm from Los Angeles (U.S.) and found myself in Phuket working on a reality television show for 6 weeks last year. I met lots of good people out there and enjoyed Bangkok for a few weeks after our show wrapped. I've since went back on vacation for Loy Krathong up in Chiang Mai and have a flight scheduled to leave this weekend for Khoen Kaen to experience Songkran somewhere other than the usual tourist haunts.

I'm learning Thai in the states and am truly humbled by its tone rules, vowel transformations, final consonants changing sounds, etc. I still have quite a ways to go. My plans are to learn to read, write, and speak Thai within 2 years and then make the big move to Thailand and continue my career in television production. I know I won't be close to native proficiency even then, but hopefully my earnestness and dedication will be valued in business and personal relationships. And yes- I plan to meet some beautiful women along the way!

Hi...I just registered today but have been lurking on and off for a while now. I'm reading again because I have a trip planned in May and I'm worried about the protests.

I'm a 44 year-old American who is contracting in Iraq right now. I'm kind of freaking out about the trip because my dates are not flexible at all.

My interest in Thailand has to do with a girl of course. I've only been to Thailand twice and on the last day of my most recent trip I met a girl when I was getting my hair cut. We talked for a few hours and exchanged email addresses and now after about three months of almost daily phone calls and skype video calls we are supposed to meet again in a few weeks. I am looking forward to this trip but I'm going to be mad if I end up getting stuck Dubai for a month.

Anyway...this is a great forum with a lot of good information. So Thanks!!!

welcome to the forum shirtguy

i think the situation will resolve or at least calm down before your arrival

on the girl front, Ill refrain from offering any advice or prediction :)

enjoy the forum, and Thailand!

Hi

I'm Sharon and am new to this forum.

Really like living and working in Bangkok except for now when I do not dare go near my office which is in Central World

depend heavily on news on this forum as I do not have CNN or BBC new channels

any idea how i can subscribe?

platinum package of UBC is steep given the fact that office has been closed since 3rd of April

Hello Everyone,

I've been a lurker for quite a while, but have recently started using the site more.

I have been coming to Thailand for several years and absolutely love it over there. I'm very happily married to my Thai wife of almost 5 years. Our trips to Thailand have changed dramatically over the years and now mostly involve visiting the family in Bangkok. Our plans at the moment are for one more "vacation" sometime late this fall then to relocate to Bangkok sometime late next year, we're just waiting for the housing market here in the US to turn around :) .

Ty

Hello Everybody, i'm from Manchester, England.. back on this site after a few years absence.

Left Thailand in 2006..after having lived there on and off for 4 years...Now feel its time to go back...getting the travel bug again lol...hoping to go later in the year..

Had a great time when i was last in Thailand...mainly living in Bangkok and visiting other places around the country...also doing the visa runs to Burma, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.

Looking forward to experiencing it all again! Some things will probably have changed since i was last there...so will be researching this great site. First went to Thailand when i was 25...i'm alot wiser now, so will probably do things differently lol.

Anyway, for now take it easy........ :)

Hi everyone,

I am new in this site.

I visited Thailand last year and spent a great time there.

So, I thought this would be a perfect place to connect myself to Thai people.

Looking forward to get familiar with you all.

Hi All.

Been a member for awhile but got so interested in reading everything that I forgot to introduce myself. I'm in South Africa; been to Thailand a few times.

I WANT TO GO AND LIVE THERE WITH A MAJOR PASSION!!!

Yes; I met a girl there. HELP!!! :)

Hi guys and girls.

Im new to Thailand from Asutralia, Im working in Sales and Marketing and Im finding alot of very useful infor here.

I am a bit of a forum whore....... everyone needs a hobby.

It's all a bit much at the moment, not knowing the language, culture and many people but you know time will change that.

so......... cool.......

Kingfisher.

hi and welcome to all the new members :)

sorry my attention was somewhat distracted for a while

Valde - I can trade places with you for June and July? :D

Got my tickets to some awesome match fixtures :D

If I didn't have to work I'd probably trade you :)

Who's your money on?

hi and welcome to all the new members :D

sorry my attention was somewhat distracted for a while

Valde - I can trade places with you for June and July? :D

Hi there!

I have just arrived. Will be living in Hat Yai, and am still finding things a bit daunting, but LOVING it!

My name is Maya, and I am 26 years old, born in Sweden, but lived in the UK, India and Australia (mostly, but all over, really).

I am here to work as a teacher, and have a one year contract. Would be really cool if there's anyone else in Hat Yai who wants to hang out... since I dont speak Thai (yet) I do feel a bit isolated.

This forum is awesome, I've leached a bit and learnt a lot from you guys.

Thanks.

// Maya

Good luck to them.

Unfortunately it seems that the local team are going to be the whipping boys of the event :)

Holland ofcourse :D

Not necessarily true. Historically the home side usually does fairly well.

Good luck to South Africa. :D

Dude; our team sucks. It must be one of the most frustrating things on earth to be a Bafana Bafana supporter.

I'll wear the shirt and cheer the team; but I don't see us getting past the first round.

Which is why I bought tickets to see some of the bigger teams :)

Hey Mig16; it turns out I have an extra ticket for the Portugal vs North Korea game :D

Hi everyone !

I'm new on the forum. My name is Thierry, i'm 30 years old, i come from France and, as you, i love Thailand.

I know many places in this wonderful country and have a girlfriend in HuaHin who will be my wife very soon :)

Despite my poor english (sorry about it), i read this forum everyday and i decide to register.

See you :D