webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone :D

Ive been browsing the website at work alot , reading the odd page here and there . Im from England and want to learn as much Thai as i can .

I have a thai girlfriend who lives in khon kaen :) , she inspired me to want to learn thai, i never enjoyed learning a new language in the past but now i have a passion to learn more , but i find learning words to be difficult because it seems so many websites suggest different meanings .I understand about the tones and how words can have more than one meaning depending on l/m/h/r/f tones, but the english words should surely only have 1 thai meaning ? ?

i understand that there is more than one way of saying something. But sometimes i get stumped on simple questions .

E.g

Khun saab mai krab?

Khun Ru jak mai krab ? - Dont they mean the same thing ? " do you know ? "

or

pom kaur beer neung gao/khourt - ( may i have a bottle/glass of beer ?)

pom kaur beer neung tee - is one preferable to say? / wrong

I started learning thai about 5-6 months ago ... still not got very far ...Ive completed the pimsleurs 30 leasons course , i just got the linguaphone course but found it to be not as helpful if not confusing ....but il give it another go... but now im starting to think if i want to be able to speak it i need to learn how to write it aswell .

i was looking at the " learn thai alphabet in 60 mins" and i want to know if you guys think its worth getting ?

or if there is any cheaper (free) alternative ?

i know i babble on a bit but if anyone can reply or send me a message to explain id be very greatful :D ...thnx

oh and i Thought id say hello

pom chuue Jay krab :D

Hi There,

Graeme from New Zealand. Been lurking in the forum for awhile and would like to say hello.

Spent time in BK Feb 2010 - just love the city!

Great to see photos on twitter of the turnout to clean up. So sad to see CW destroyed.

Regards

Edited by Sleuth

welcome to the forum Graeme

it is indeed a difficult time for Thailand....but hoping things will turn round for the better in coming months.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and glad to be part of this forum. Hope to learn a lot and enjoy my stay here. smile.gif

Shirley

Hi, I'm Migolito, hope to learn a lot about a county which is my home.

Hi everyone!

Been lurking for a couple of years since my first visit to Thailand, a real wealth of information on these forums!

I live with my thai wife and our son i Sweden, and after this summer we're moving permanently to Thailand!

Welcome to Thaivisa

On behalf of the moderators, admins, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

This is the Welcome thread for 2010/2553, so post your introduction here

Hi my name is Mike and I am hoping to invest in a business in Thailand and move over with my family. You can expect loads of questions from us! rolleyes.gif

I cant seam to be able to reply to most topics on here, but this is very important please repost and pass it on....the robin hood pub by soi 33 is showing all world cup games and in english commentanty, the bar closes at 4 am approx every night and they have pints of tiger draft at 99 baht all night long...see you there come on England...hope this post helps

• 2 weeks later...

I admit it...I've been a Thai Visa lurker for a long time. I've visited here to buy things and get confused about my Visa (which eventually got sorted out again as it usually does). And I've read many threads, laughed out loud and stared in amazement, but I've never once posted. For almost 7 years.

So this is my first.

Hello Thai Visa.

Hi. Im Carly Burchell a 22 y-o filipina, interested in traveling around Australia, Asia, Mediterranean, Africa, Latin America, Middle-East and Africa.

It's nice to be part of this online community and hopefully be able to help others in the best way I can.

Edensedge here. I'm an American living and working in Germany currently. I've been visiting Thailand for three years now, longest time 3 months. Love the culture, food, and even though I was burned in my first attempt at love with a Thai woman, I'm learning and I'm hopeful.

Thanks for all the good information, inights, wisdom, and cautions. MUCH appreciated. Namaste'

I've occasionally found topics here through Google and lately I found some of interest that I would like to contribute to. I've lived in Northern Thailand for about 8 years now. And am originally from the US

Edited by YoursTruly

• 2 weeks later...

After sharking around here on Thaivisa for some weeks,i thought its about time i said HELLO to every one,i have lived here in thailand for 9 years now,and enjoy this web site,the information and the impit is second to none

chalk dee to every one

Sharking,

• 2 weeks later...

I basically had enough of AF, TD, and SZ and all their BS and power trips, so, I am here. You guys seem to be mature. Trolls may visit and start talking crap about me. If I wanted to hide here, I would have chosen another username.

Edited by ajarnfalang

I admit it...I've been a Thai Visa lurker for a long time. I've visited here to buy things and get confused about my Visa (which eventually got sorted out again as it usually does). And I've read many threads, laughed out loud and stared in amazement, but I've never once posted. For almost 7 years.

So this is my first.

Hello Thai Visa.

Hello to you boblunch ,

Ohh dear I have been on here for about a few years and never posted in this "Welcome Thread" :( Sad really

I basically had enough of AF, TD, and SZ and all their BS and power trips, so, I am here. You guys seem to be mature. Trolls may visit and start talking crap about me. If I wanted to hide here, I would have chosen another username.

Hi Teacher,

Been there, looked in there :ph34r: and yes I am still here and not there.

Enjoy and have a good time :lol:

P.S. You did read the rules then B)