Air Asia Passenger Tax Refunds

theoldgit

Air Asia's website states that they will refund passenger taxes paid by the passenger but not passed onto the authorities in the event of a missed flight, you have to email AA for the refund.

Given AA's apparent reluctance to answer emails I wondered if anybody had actually received such a refund in these circumastances?

They say you can apply by email - not so according to the desk at Swarnabhumi. I had to get a tax refund on three sectors that I missed and was told to apply at their desk when I transited. Fairly simple process, the lady filled in the details, took a copy of the passport and handed me a copy - told that expect the amount to be credited back to the card in 30 days.

Would know of the status of the refund in two weeks time when it is due to be credited.

My experience, based on over 300 flights in Thailand and a number of refunds due for various reasons, is that Air Asia has a policy of not refunding money to foreign credit cards. No matter what they say..... Of course I could be wrong.

My experience, based on over 300 flights in Thailand and a number of refunds due for various reasons, is that Air Asia has a policy of not refunding money to foreign credit cards. No matter what they say..... Of course I could be wrong.

I had 3x 2 person tickets refunded.. Airport closure time..

Took me about 5 months of badgering them, and they paid them bit by bit over a couple of months.. But I got it..

In fact they they over paid me 2 tickets twice.. Somehow I lived with the guilt due to how long I had to push them to collect.

Yeah, actually my experience was that if you are in Thailand and work hard at it you can get the promised refund. I'm talking about refunds which they agreed they owed ie triple booking and triple charging on the same flight for one passenger. Normal operational errors on their part which I guess happen everywhere, more or less.

Eventually the operations manager at Chiang Mai gave me the name, number and email of a responsible person in Bangkok and I could get the promised refund after four or five calls and emails. I remember once being told, "Sorry sir, refund machine is broken!"

I spent a couple of years traveling back and forth between Bangkok and Chiang Mai twice weekly.

The flights are so cheap when booked in advance that I always factored the refund problem into the ticket price and came away satisfied.

• 3 weeks later...
Eventually the operations manager at Chiang Mai gave me the name, number and email of a responsible person in Bangkok and I could get the promised refund after four or five calls and emails. I remember once being told, "Sorry sir, refund machine is broken!"

Do you have that responsible persons contact number?

My emails remain unanswered and I am blowed if I will just forget it, it's become a matter of principal now, it's a pitty really because I quite like Air Asia.

They say you can apply by email - not so according to the desk at Swarnabhumi. I had to get a tax refund on three sectors that I missed and was told to apply at their desk when I transited. Fairly simple process, the lady filled in the details, took a copy of the passport and handed me a copy - told that expect the amount to be credited back to the card in 30 days.

Would know of the status of the refund in two weeks time when it is due to be credited.

Did you get your refund?

I have sent three emails so far, which have all been ignored.

I am flying from Suvarnabhumi tomorrow so guess I will ask at the desk.

I have just got one back from November, I called them on 4th december to ask for the refund, they said it takes 30 working days. I called them back after 30 working days and they said they processed it on 17th December and it would take 30 working days from then, I of course told them they were clueless fuc_kwits and it should be 30 working days from my call, not 30 working days from when they decide to get to it. Because I told them off I got it on 16th January.

call them, ask for accounts if the clown on the phone is being unhelpful. you can also ask them to deposit it in your bank account or have it as credit towards your next flight.

ps, don't even waste your time emailing them, call them every time and then you can also ask what notes have been placed on their system

Edited by tonywebster

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can now answer my own question, I followed the advice on the website and sent three emails asking for a refund, all ignored.

I then followed the advice of "Meone" and spoke to a lady on the desk at Suvarnabhumi, she laughed and told me it's a waste of time emailing them, she took the details and said I would have the money credited back to my credit card within 30 days, it was credited yesterday, nine days later.