3bb Broadband...any Good?

jkinbkk

The area of Minburi were I live only has still an archaic True Internet 550kbps download/211kbps upload service at THB900/month to choose from.

Additionally that have no intention of rehabilitating the line to accommodate higher speed options in this area.

These 3BB Broadband guys came promoting their wares last week offering 4MB for THB590/month.

http://www.3bb.co.th/promotion/4mb.php

I was wondering if any of you have shifted from the weak True service to this 3BB service?

If so, the main point would 'be are you happy that you signed up for 3BB?' and are you getting at least 3MB/sec constant download bandwidth?

Cheers,

Not sure where you are in Minburi, but I'm on Ramkamhang soi 190 or thereabouts and we are forced to use TOT. I talked to True a few times about getting their 'high speed' into my home but they wanted ME to pay for the cable to my house. Seems a bit off, given that I'm in a housing development and it was going to cost 1800 baht. And no guarantee that it would be my line alone, so others could connect to it so I wind up paying for everyone's cable run. TOT here is not that great, but then internet in Thailand is not that great. I think if you want reasonable IT services you need to go to places that are modern such as Cambodia and Laos, both of which I understand have had 3G for some time now.

Don't forget that the advertised speed of all the ISP's here is for internal IP addresses only. As soon as you connect to anyplace outside Thailand you can expect speeds to drop very dramatically.

Good luck with your service. I'm also curious about any responses to your question, as I'd love to change my ISP but am pretty suspicious of most of them. hel_l- all of them.

Cheers

My brother in law has maxnet or 3BB as it is also called. Never any problems and good download speeds for torrents, and international sites load quickly. Not Minburi but Nonthaburi

When I had True installed also had to pay for the line to be laid, when I cancelled it I got them to remove the line, so the condo owner could not use it.

I live between Pattaya and Jomtien and many residents in my condo block use 3BBB. In the past two to three months it has been down 50% of the time. Calls to the company are useless. We have been told to check our computers, turn them on and off etc. with no admission that the problem could be with the company.

I live between Pattaya and Jomtien and many residents in my condo block use 3BBB. In the past two to three months it has been down 50% of the time. Calls to the company are useless. We have been told to check our computers, turn them on and off etc. with no admission that the problem could be with the company.

We're on the Dark Side of Pattaya and they are absolutely useless. Full stop. They simply don't care and don't have the expertise to rectify problems. We have had no internet for more than a week now. Thank goodness for having backup!

...but they wanted ME to pay for the cable to my house. Seems a bit off, given that I'm in a housing development and it was going to cost 1800 baht. And no guarantee that it would be my line alone, so others could connect to it so I wind up paying for everyone's cable run. ...

1800 THB connection fee for laying the cable doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. Sure others might benefit from your pioneership, but from everything I've read on the forum so far it's worth to get rid off TOT and switch to TRUE. I myself unfortunately don't have that option, using a reliable but internationally horribly slow 2MBit TOT package.

TT&T wants 4000 THB connection fee (they are not present in my street yet) and the only thing that keeps me from switching is that I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay at my place .

welo

My experience with 3BB since they took over TT&T has not been great. For some obscure reason on the first day of each month I loose my connection in the early hours and get a screen in my browser telling me my username & password is incorrect. Each month my wife calls them and they do something their end and I'm off again for another month. Madness.

they can offer as many Mega bytes as they like but it makes no difference as this relates to within Thailand..It depends on the lines they use outside of Thailand...They uped me to * MB and it still did not work well outside of thailand.I pay 1,190 for £BB (was maxnet) and yes it works but when the busy times are here its slow. do not be fooled by * MB or higher, I still think I have the best available. Good luck Dave

they can offer as many Mega bytes as they like but it makes no difference as this relates to within Thailand..It depends on the lines they use outside of Thailand...They uped me to * MB and it still did not work well outside of thailand.I pay 1,190 for £BB (was maxnet) and yes it works but when the busy times are here its slow. do not be fooled by * MB or higher, I still think I have the best available. Good luck Dave

Got the 10mb here in nothaburi and its good.. i had premier before and switched.. im not sure if there is browsing difference. But on the newsgroups i do get the full 10mb at times.

Got the 10mb here in nothaburi and its good.. i had premier before and switched.. im not sure if there is browsing difference. But on the newsgroups i do get the full 10mb at times.

Good to know...

We are currently using two providers, here at home in Baan Buathong (Maxnet Premier & True) and want to get rid of one of them.

We did not yet make up our minds regarding which one to keep, but the 10mb plan sounds good.

Are you using it with a WiFi network... and does it make any difference?

Sorry, but I am not computer savvy at all :)