Hows Your High Season So Far?

sbk

We have shedloads of people headed that way now that New Year is over, so, just curious, were you packed out too? How do you foresee the now post New Year drop? The season look good, bad, or just so-so?

• 1 month later...

February for the last six years has been the best month for business by far. This year so far it has been totally dreadful. It is completely relevant to tourists numbers. I'm sure many other businesses on Samui doing great and if so i'm very pleased to hear it. What a favour Bangkok Airways does for us, allowing our tourists to pay more than double for a shorter flight to here than others can pay to fly to Phuket!

I'll now wait for the "i've never seen it so bust" posts. Whatever, 'cos they sure ain't walking in my business! :)

Let's hope it picks up!!!!

February for the last six years has been the best month for business by far. This year so far it has been totally dreadful. It is completely relevant to tourists numbers. I'm sure many other businesses on Samui doing great and if so i'm very pleased to hear it. What a favour Bangkok Airways does for us, allowing our tourists to pay more than double for a shorter flight to here than others can pay to fly to Phuket!

I'll now wait for the "i've never seen it so bust" posts. Whatever, 'cos they sure ain't walking in my business! :)

Let's hope it picks up!!!!

Just to clarify my post. January was excellent, however the first half of Feb has been very poor :D

A ex-colleague of mine is a GM on Samui. I was talking to him last week and he said his Dec/Jan were the best ever but as mentioned Feb is dragging a bit. Running at about 50-60% at the mo but it pays the bills.