Taking A Thai To The American West

Svenn

In L.A., take her to Hollywood, then to Thai town. You might want to take her to Vegas as well.

I thought Hollywood might be interesting, but it's kind of lame just to drive around and look at the usual sights... is there some sort of interactive thing we could do? Maybe watch a red carpet event, tour a studio or attend a fashion show or something? I'm also completely ignorant of Vegas... I thought if they had go-go bars it might be kind of (ironic) to go look at one. Other than that I was thinking the one expensive hotel night I might buy (~$200+ ) should be in Vegas. Most of it we'll be camping though since we're both still young and poor(ish).

Also, you really must include a redwood forest, there are different choices for that.

Sequoias have bigger circumferences, and I've never been to 'em, but I guess they're kind of out of the way if we'll be heading up Highway 1. It is true the redwoods are taller, and they're more on the way I guess if we want to get back to Seattle from San Fran.

If she is a real city girl you may have to stick to the outlet malls and shopping centers and Vegas.

Yes, I can't forget outlet malls... are there any major ones or ones that have Asian brands I should know about?

We just did a San Fran/Las Vegas trip with lots of nature trecking (Muir Woods, Halfmoon Bay, Napa/Sonoma, Red Rock Canyon). A nice combo of city and country, culture, and nature.

Try to see at least one cirque du soleil show if you got to Vegas...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic