Program Help

relaxed

I have a SlingBox program which allows me to watch my TV which is based in USA as I travel. I was able to link one time here at my house which has true internet but ever since then will not allow me to link. I went to internet coffee shop and not a problem. I think something happening with true and router or firewall. Any suggestions appreciated. When I was here 2 months ago connecting was not a problem. I have allowed Microsoft firewall to allow connection but to no avail. Thank you

Hi,

I think there would be 3 possible causes:

1. Your windows firewall - which you have checked already, so okay on this one.

2. Your Anti-virus. Most antivirus programs have the option to limit network access by programs, so make sure that you check those settings also.

3. Finally, it could be your ISP. I see that you mention True... and it is possible that True may be negotiating a local distribution deal with Slingbox so it would be within the realms of possibility that they may be blocking the ports for this.

If you can access your box via another public network then the chances are that your ISP is the problem and you would have to give them a call. I'm not sure that a normal customer service rep would be able to answer your question properly, so if it comes to this and you feel that you are not getting a good enough answer to your issue, then look up their normal telephone number for incoming business calls and ask the operator to connect you to the CTO's office or a senior technical manager.

Best of luck

Hi,

2. Your Anti-virus. Most antivirus programs have the option to limit network access by programs, so make sure that you check those settings also.

3. Finally, it could be your ISP. I see that you mention True... and it is possible that True may be negotiating a local distribution deal with Slingbox so it would be within the realms of possibility that they may be blocking the ports for this.

If you can access your box via another public network then the chances are that your ISP is the problem and you would have to give them a call. I'm not sure that a normal customer service rep would be able to answer your question properly, so if it comes to this and you feel that you are not getting a good enough answer to your issue, then look up their normal telephone number for incoming business calls and ask the operator to connect you to the CTO's office or a senior technical manager.

Best of luck

thank you very much. Will work on this tomorrow.

Hi,

Best of luck

I agree with options 1&2 above but under item 3 your can change the default port (5001) to anything you like and the higher the better. I hope you have not updated with the latest Sling firmware release as it has some major bugs and has killed 100's of boxes.

I run 6 of them myself and they all work perfect on True here in BKK and most ofther ISP's to boot.

Hi,

Best of luck

I agree with options 1&2 above but under item 3 your can change the default port (5001) to anything you like and the higher the better. I hope you have not updated with the latest Sling firmware release as it has some major bugs and has killed 100's of boxes.

I run 6 of them myself and they all work perfect on True here in BKK and most ofther ISP's to boot.

I know I have port 5001 now. I am not very tech savy so I am a bit lost on how to proceed. Gonna call slingbox support now.