Where Do U Wash Your Car?

chivo

i prefer to do it myself, as i know i wont be rubbing dirt into the paint or scratching it... etc etc.

and i actually enjoy doing it....

but there isnt really enough room in my condo parking lot...

is there a place you can go where they have hoses, either regular or hi pressure, and do it yourself?

these are common in the west but i fear not so here...

I have tried to find the same thing in KK. I am in a condo here and my options are go to a car care center or let it go dirty... I wish i could find a car wash here that lets you wash yourself.

I have tried to find the same thing in KK. I am in a condo here and my options are go to a car care center or let it go dirty... I wish i could find a car wash here that lets you wash yourself.

They maybe more common than you think. There are coin operated wash pumps all over for locals to do their motocys. The one I know for sure, as I pass it often, is on the back road from the port to BangNa. (which goes past the refinery).

Edited by VocalNeal

Just wash it out in the road...

Get a town house with a car park, that way you can wash your car all the time...

My Pick up is washed 3 times a week... It takes me roughly 1 hour to clean it... Inside and outside...

I dont like to let other people clean my car, they tend to scratch and not care about it...

Im Lazy, mine is done at Hollywood car care on the Pattaya bypass between Soi Siam CC and Nernplubwan they do a fantastic Job, is quite convenient to, we go to the smelly market on Nernplubwan every sunday arvo, drop the car off, go buy some rancid fish and a few bags of Napalm and battery acid.... return and the car is good to go.

I've always wondered about how condo owners washed their cars, doesn't sound easy? I wash my car on the street outside where I live. I wouldn't say high-pressure hoses are the best thing for car paint-work, but even when you hand-wash you can accidently scratch the clear-coat with a dirty sponge or by using too much pressure; my suggestion to the OP would be a large watering can - easily overlooked by suprisingly effectively in wetting and rinsing without using too much water or splashing other cars/people. If you need more space when waxing, try a multi-storey car-park near a shopping centre? you can wash easily afterwards.

If you wash your car yourself in Phuket, the immigration police will arrest you for not having a proper work permit.

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine washed by a place near the Ambassador Hotel, in NaJomtien. It was amazing. My first car wash visit here in Thailand. They did an outstanding job...for 150b. I counted 8 people working on it at one time. Drove it up a ramp and washed the underside, cleaned the engine, cleaned the floor mats, dried the car with an air hose, rubbed down the tires and all trim. Even put paper floor mats inside. Fantastic!

I have a home where I can wash my car, but it would take me hours to do what they did...and even then, it wouldn't be as good....they even pickup and deliver your car!

I had mine washed by a place near the Ambassador Hotel, in NaJomtien. It was amazing. My first car wash visit here in Thailand. They did an outstanding job...for 150b. I counted 8 people working on it at one time. Drove it up a ramp and washed the underside, cleaned the engine, cleaned the floor mats, dried the car with an air hose, rubbed down the tires and all trim. Even put paper floor mats inside. Fantastic!

I have a home where I can wash my car, but it would take me hours to do what they did...and even then, it wouldn't be as good....they even pickup and deliver your car!

Just a basic wash in Australia costs about 900 baht! The full service would be over $3000!! Saw those prices last time I was on the Gold Coast..crazy..

I just wash mine here on my driveway, and get shell to do it when I do the undercoating once every 6 month. With a full clean and buff polish, thats 650 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

so the car was very filthy today and i thought i would at least give it a one time go at one of the car wash teams located at gas stations... at only 120 baht it seemed a fair enough experiment.

but just as i had worried, after they soaped up the car, they chucked a couple of sponges on the hood and one slid off into a dirty water puddle on the ground. without rinsing it off another kid picked it up and started rubbing it around my cars paint. imaging the sand grains getting rubbed in and scratching it.

there were half dozen people on it at once, but they still werent that thorough. i guess for 120 baht, what do you expect?

this was a place on naratiwat road in the corner of a lot of a petrol station.

i may try one more place with the meguires logo on nang linchee, and if they arent better i'll stick to doing it myself...

Go to the wash/detailing shop behind Rama IV carrefour. Good results but be prepared to pay for it.

Did this yesterday (at Wash A Car...WAC, behind Carrefour), cost for the basic wash is only 180 baht. I had the wash n wax there a couple of months ago and may have been around 700 baht. Prices at WAC are reasonable.