New Honda Pcxi 125cc I,

nickthebrit

hi all

I have seen quite a few postings and messages on the new PCXi....125i cc

I bought one ( a black/gold one) before xmas... but took delivery today.... so the reg book would say 2010...

The bike is amazing... and great for big farangs... I am 110 kilos and it flys over the phuket hills...

I saw messages about the on-idle..... its a little strange at first...even disconserting.... but great technology....

huge, and i mean huge under seat storage area... glove boxes, and separate petrol cap ( 6litre , 91 grade)

2 keys, one alarm remote.... key has a special shape, (like an allen key to open the key slot),

bike wont start whilst the stand is down..... and it has a wheel lock..

TWIN suspension, and huge tyres (twice size in thickness of the blade/nouvo).... so it will be alot safer in the wet...

It has a built in alarm... and it very heavy... unlike the air-blades and nouvos it would take 3 people to lift it, at least

Extras such as rear paniers, as supposed to about later this month...

you get 12 months free insurance.. but remember to ask for the theft insurance of 2000tbht for 2 years...

This bike will be cult, definitley within the farang community... and farangs dumb enough to buy a bar girl one!!!!:: :) )))

99% of info is in thai.... but here is some honda pics.. (this is why i have written this post... to get some proper/neutral feedback)

http://www.jrmotor.com/pcx125i.html

A funny story today, in the honda dealers... was a german guy... angry with the thai staff..... because they were selling the 2009 model... not the 2010 model....

we said

"come on mate... 2010 working year is only 3 hours old!!!"

he replied but in europe we always buy next years model

but we replied you are not in europe!!!!

ah well!!!

this bike is brand new kit.... and going to be launched this year globally, apparantly all made in Thailand

I am friends with the managers husband,,,, and prices are supposed to be going up later this month ( i paid 73,000 + 850 farang size PROPER helmet!+ 500 for immigration registration+2000tbht for 2 years theft ins....)

if anyone wants pics, more feedback.... etc PM me....

cheers

nick

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a really nice ride , will need to try one to see how it handles.

its gorgeous.... but remember if you are lucky enough to get a test drive.... get the lightest thai on the back

i am 6'4 and 112k and it flys .... even on the steep hills between karon/patong/kamala/surin.... it glides....

the on idle takes a little getting use to... and to be honest... farangs spending 80k on a bike... i cannot see them worried about saving a few cents a month on idling...

i am not a bike lover... and I have been here 11 years...seen too much blood and stupidity.... but today i have had awesome fun with it... so this post is totally neutral

this bike will be a cult, by spring... at 7/11 and lights tonight thais and farangs are saying cool!!!

Edited by nickthebrit

We got ours today, and it's lovely.

cool....

who knows by easter, we could have enough users..... to get a rally going!!!

this bike will be a cult icon by summer!!!

imagine all the bar girls

"if you love me... you buy me PCXi!!!"

the features, colors, idling, key, tires, PGI, fat tires, alarm, storages, etc. Bar boys want them, too.

We got ours today, and it's lovely.

cool....

who knows by easter, we could have enough users..... to get a rally going!!!

this bike will be a cult icon by summer!!!

imagine all the bar girls

"if you love me... you buy me PCXi!!!"

the features, colors, idling, key, tires, PGI, fat tires, alarm, storages, etc. Bar boys want them, too.

seriously

its built for farangs....

strong and brilliant leg stetch... so safer... better weight balance/lower centre of gravity

huge storage...

and 2009 technology... not 2003 like its competitors

how many times do we see farangs looking stupid and dangerous and huge high centre of gravity on a put-put....

seriously

this is safer.... cooool and will most importantly save farang lives ( providing not had 15 singhas!!) as it is built in proportion.. to european/USA market not 50kilo local

the power ratio beats all within the class... hence 2009 techno

nick

I took my missus into Mityon hoping to cinvince her we will trade her click on a PCX, she hated it, way way to big for her (she 5'4" and 50kg).......sigh.

Cant see this bike being a "cult" bike amongst the bargirls/boys/shims.

Edited by Spoonman

A bar owner friend of mine has a Phantom. His girlfriend manages it for him and she does most of the driving of the Phantom. I'd put her at about five foot two and 43-44 kilos. She has no problem managing it and in fact she loves it. But she's a can do kind of person. This is just a state of mind. I think if you looked it up the average Thai male is only about 2-3 inches shorter than the average Westerner. And if you don't believe me, look it up on the Internet. The average American woman is a shade under 5 foot four. But she weight close to 160 pounds or so. I'd say the average Thai woman is close to if not at five foot two. So the differences in size between Westerners and Thais is not as great as we sometimes think. Weight yes, but size and strength, no. An Air Blade or Nouvo only weighs around 230 pounds. A Honda PCX i only about forty pounds more. We are still not talking about a big machine here. Most Thais can easily handle one if they want to.

Does your missus shave her chest ??

Seriously though, you make my point exactly Transam, some will love it some will hate it, To the person who said its going to gain cult Status amongst the Bargirls I disagree.

Edited by Spoonman

Seriously though, you make my point exactly Transam, some will love it some will hate it, To the person who said its going to gain cult Status amongst the Bargirls I disagree.

t'was me !! that said that..... with the average scooter costing 50k... and this at 75k on the road... it will get cult...(imho)!!!

in this part of the world... things that cost more are cool.... irrespective of quality...

my mates girlfriend was angry with him last night, in our local... because her friend had just been bought a diamond for 22645thb!!! we were laughing... because it was all about the money.... not the gift!!!

anyway who cares... time will tell.....

secondly... i think this will be big in the renters market for farangs... as we dont look dumb on it... and it has the power

Saw my first one on the road in BKK this morning. It is definitely chunky. It was nearly side by side with an elegance and it certainly looked to have a much more ungainly rear. Then some people like that. :) It was definitely having more trouble in the heavy traffic than the other scooters, but when I got alongside, it certainly looks a lot nicer than the other riffraff.

Saw my first one on the road in BKK this morning. It is definitely chunky. It was nearly side by side with an elegance and it certainly looked to have a much more ungainly rear. Then some people like that. :) It was definitely having more trouble in the heavy traffic than the other scooters, but when I got alongside, it certainly looks a lot nicer than the other riffraff.

Well, I like it. Still there are going to be times the Elegance will outperform it. Example.....Going over curbs and other obstacles. And again, it is likely to be more agile. There's a bar complex I often to to and the 16 inch wheels of the Nouvo get me right over the curb and right into the bar complex itself. When I was last at Koh Samet I rented a Honda Click with dirt bike tires and believe me I took that Click a lot of places I would have thought no scooter ever could go., and I don't think that no matter what tires you put on it the PCXi is going to be a bit of a hog for that kind of driving. And I just got back from Korat where I stayed in the village for 4 days. Everyone of the people in that immediate area I stayed in had a Honda Wave 100. Not 125's but 100's. They did get the job done for those people. And they use those things for everything going on and off road. I think for those people the Honda pcxi would be a bit cumbersome for driving down all those dirt trails.

Also......I've always like Air Blades. I just happen to like my 135 c.c. Nouvo Elegance better. But I'm right at six foot and I'm only 165 to 170 pounds so I'm not that large a guy. But seeing pictures of myself on an Air Blade I do look too large for the machine---rather goofy that is.

t'was me !! that said that..... with the average scooter costing 50k... and this at 75k on the road... it will get cult...(imho)!!!

in this part of the world... things that cost more are cool.... irrespective of quality...

my mates girlfriend was angry with him last night, in our local... because her friend had just been bought a diamond for 22645thb!!! we were laughing... because it was all about the money.... not the gift!!!

secondly... i think this will be big in the renters market for farangs... as we dont look dumb on it... and it has the power

Hi Nick.

You keep going on about the word "cult"

Please explain what you mean by "cult" or is it a typo? :)

For an extra 20000bt over a Yam 135LC... I don't think so, well, not me anyway.

14" wheels don't cut the mustard.

Hi Nick.

You keep going on about the word "cult"

Please explain what you mean by "cult" or is it a typo? :)

For an extra 20000bt over a Yam 135LC... I don't think so, well, not me anyway.

14" wheels don't cut the mustard.

Well, in Phuket it's just an extra 11,800bt (NE 59,200 - PCX 70,000 + 1,000 for PRB)

To me the NE looks like any other scooter, a kind of run of the mill whereas the PCX i looks pleasantly different and much more mature. It offers the latest stand of the art technology as PGM FI and an Idling Stop System.

Well, in Phuket it's just an extra 11,800bt (NE 59,200 - PCX 70,000 + 1,000 for PRB)

To me the NE looks like any other scooter, a kind of run of the mill whereas the PCX i looks pleasantly different and much more mature. It offers the latest state of the art technology as PGM FI and an Idling Stop System.

It's a new design. I like it and to those who say it looks too this or too that - wait until next year. By that time the novelty will have worn off, everyone will be used to the looks, and the PCX will make all other bikes look 10 years old. It's the next generation scooter.

As such, of course bar girls will want it, but I am not really sure what that has to do with anything?!

Cult, it will be, fer shure. Already is IMO.