3bb/maxnet Slow/down

thainet

Lucky bastard! TOT was dead as a dog Sunday and Monday morning. Only after NUMEROUS calls and a visit to their office (they actually remembered me :) ) some "technician" found out that the problem is indeed not my router but his whatever whizzing thingmy that has all these funny lights on the frontpanel.

TOT with major offs yesterday and today. Lost my temper this afternoon at the office, yelling at someone at TOT - poor guy, had probably nothing to do with the dilemma, but what the heck, couldn't care less. File it as collateral damage...my new staff is now shitscared... :)

Will embrace TT&T tomorrow with open arms and give my service cancellation letter to TOT, too. Won't pay the last bill as I see no point why I should.

//edit: What made me laugh was....that girl I spoke to first, said I didn't pay my bill. In fact we paid 2 hours earlier today all but the last bill which wasn't due yet.

update:

On Friday morning again sometimes internet and sometimes not.

Asked the secretary to go to TOT and submit our cancellation letter that went along the lines "no service = no money and bye bye". They reject to sign the letter for acknowledgent and ask on top of that for 1000+ Baht as we cancel the contract before the year is over.

I get in the car and drive over to TOT, have some pep talk with that girl at the counter. Mission impossible, I ask for the Manager. She refuses to let me through. I ask for her name, 4 times. She refuses to give it to me.

I just go past the barrier, walk upstairs and find the Manager. He looks into my account history, finds the countless tickets of my complaints and just says....I fully understand you, service is not good, you can cancel. No extra to pay, last invoice waved.

Next stop 3BB (formerly known as TT&T). Sorry sir, DSLAM will be installed in two month. Yeah but...yesterday at the call center they said....sorry sir, they do not know.

Last resort TRUE. No problem, Tuesday we come and install.

Now for the punch line: 3BB calls and says in a rather arrogant tone that I have to wait for two months and that I have NO OTHER CHANCE. Told them that TRUE is another chance, they insisted that 3BB is the only one that can provide internet where I am...

Let's keep fingers crossed, will report back!

The True guys showed up around noon as announced, draw a new cable into my office, plug in the modem et voilà! Took about 20 minutes altogether and speed is great. Let's cross fingers that it stays like that!

The True guys showed up around noon as announced, draw a new cable into my office, plug in the modem et voilà! Took about 20 minutes altogether and speed is great. Let's cross fingers that it stays like that!

What package and at what price?

I, too, would be interested to know what package and at what price. :)

12 Mbit Premium, @ 1,900 Baht.

also not perfect but had to make the change as it could only get better.

I Have just created a new topic about my experience of the last month. In short it says:

My ISP is BTV (CAT Telecom). I have called them 3 days ago. They did not listen to much to what I had to say. Only wanted to send a technician. We made an appointment, but they did not show up.

Once connected I am on a new IP range. It used to be 64.xxx.xxx.xxx, nowadays it is 119.xxx.xxx.xxx

When I lose connection, at reconnect I get an error like "PPPOE server did not assign an ip address", The HFC led of my modem (LS HFC CLC-Modem) stays off.

I would say that more than 90% of the time the connection is ok. But it is always at crucial moments that I lose it ...

I will call them now...

I Have just created a new topic about my experience of the last month. In short it says:

My ISP is BTV (CAT Telecom). I have called them 3 days ago. They did not listen to much to what I had to say. Only wanted to send a technician. We made an appointment, but they did not show up.

Once connected I am on a new IP range. It used to be 64.xxx.xxx.xxx, nowadays it is 119.xxx.xxx.xxx

When I lose connection, at reconnect I get an error like "PPPOE server did not assign an ip address", The HFC led of my modem (LS HFC CLC-Modem) stays off.

I would say that more than 90% of the time the connection is ok. But it is always at crucial moments that I lose it ...

I will call them now...

Take my word, calling them is pointless if you did already and nothing happened. A visit at their office is in order and if the staff is not helping you to bring your case any further (i.e. comes again with the technician who may or may not show up), ask for the Manager.

Take notes of the name of the staff, when the technician is supposed to show up and the mobile phone number of that staff. On the minute the techincian is suppsoed to show up you call that staff. Repeat every 5 minutes until technician shows up.

Then ask for phone number of the technician for future reference. You will need it.

Hi

Last night, at 1am, at least 1 hour, no more connection. I had IP, ADSL signal, but cannot reach any website, even changing DNS.

3BB told me that they should upgrade from 3 to 4 Mb automatically this month, but this morning this was working and I forget to check if upgrade was done.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in BKK , CAT showing some power !

Had some problem now 2weeks but now back on track again ! .,

This is Standard 4mbits package @ 1090 THB

702276077.png

702286995.png

702288141.png

702293873.png <--------- GREENLAND :)

Faster to USA then BKK , , Price less :D

702295075.png

Edited by oMega69

• 2 months later...

Hm. not sure what to use to my new apartment at 3rd Pattaya . . . . 3BB 12Mbits or True 12Mbits.................................,, hard call . .,

its like lotto .... it all depends on the location. ., to bad about 12month contracts :/

Also see that TRUE has downgrade there upload to 0.5Mbits from 1Mbits . . , GGRRRR !!!

Edited by oMega69