2.5m Perimeter Wall

Greenside

The land we just bought is bordered on one side by a new development and they have built a 2.5m block wall with posts 3m apart which appears well finished (smooth render) and is at least still standing after three weeks. It makes sense to continue this for a further 80 - 90m and we asked one of the guys on site if they were interested in doing ours.

Their proposal was 400 baht a metre for labour only which, by itself, means nothing to me since I have no idea about material costs. Has anyone had a quote for a perimeter wall recently or can suggest the price of the materials to give me some context?

I have searched the forum and the only info I can find is pretty old so your help would be appreciated.

Edited by Greenside

materials and labour using IT BLOCK rendered and painted 1500-2000B per meter should include PVC plastic pipes for power/CCTV etc

Thanks. I don't understand where the plastic pipes fit into this - it's just a plain garden wall I'm enquiring about. :)

I don't understand where the plastic pipes fit into this - it's just a plain garden wall I'm enquiring about. :)

It's for when you want to add security lights and TV cameras, you can hide the tubes within the wall, makes them more difficult for the bad guys to cut :D

Yep I would agree, my post and beam wall is 2.2mtrs high. Price finished but not painted was 1700 baht a linear meter.

Wish I had thought about putting conduits back then in MY garden wall, would have made my life much simpler now.

Yep I would agree, my post and beam wall is 2.2mtrs high. Price finished but not painted was 1700 baht a linear meter.

Wish I had thought about putting conduits back then in MY garden wall, would have made my life much simpler now.

would prefere to pay 2000-2200 for proper foundation, 12mm rebars, 240 concrete, redbricks and good quality paint :)

Thanks for all your advice - the tip about conduit in the structure is very useful. It's looking like about 1800 - 2000 per metre as far as I can tell but I'll post the outcome when it comes out. :)

As you can tell, I'm right at the opening stages of this project so I'll doubtless be back and will also try to make a decent record for others to ponder.

Why on earth would you want to use red brick unless your a thai labourer that doesn't have another job for a year.

Foundations, Low bar, up rights @ 3M, top bar and IT block - job done!

when you see 10 year old walls with holes, they are always made of it blocks. Redbricks good for 100 years, and 30 baht/sqm more for labour. bricks same sqm price.

Foundations, beams and poles can be made sh-t or solid. solid is 240 concrete and 12mm rebars.

difference in price is approx 10 %. lifetime is 10-20 years compared to over 100 years. up to you :)