2010 Truevisions Expansion Plans Thread

Twin

May I begin a thread about what we might see / want to see on TrueVisions this year?

Interestingly, a channel remap will take place on the morning of the 12th between 01:30 and 08:00.

This remap, while not adding new channels, appears to make way for the launch of new channels and services.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/news_detail.aspx?news_id=102

http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/download/new_lineup_l.jpg

Several channels are now available in HD in Asia, notably, HBO, NatGeo, Discovery, History, and ASN.

Will we see HD in Thailand this year?

Also, there are several channels available throughout Asia, not yet available on True, most notably:

Universal

Fox Crime

FX

The return of BBC Entertainment

EuroSport

Sky News

Fox News

Are these on the horizon?

If possible, I'd like to hear from you with suggestions, comments, etc., about TrueVisions plans, without the complaints we all have about channels, pricing, etc.

I have a friend at True, and she promised to keep this thread in front of management.

So can we keep the negatives to a minimum and focus on what we would like to see? And pay for?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Twin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallmark occasionally runs trailers for the Sci-Fi channel, which is also apparently available. Now that I would really enjoy.

I would also welcome a return of the much-loved BBC Entertainment channel. I downgraded to Gold when that was cancelled last June but would happily upgrade again to Platinum, Titanium whatever to get that back.

A big 'yes' to HD. So many viewers now have expensive high-def TVs but there are no HDTV channels being broadcast. I'm surprised there hasn't been more pressure from equipment manufacturers. HDTV is not just about Blu-ray players and discs. It would be a joy if that were actually on the horizon.

My New year wish for Truevisions is to actually show the programmes that they advertise in the magazine and to actually get the channel numbers right in the magazine.

Other than that a reduction in fees would be good too, I've just spent 2 weeks in Viet Nam where the same service as Truevisions is only US$3 per month. Yes that's not a typo US$3 only for the same content!!!

Edited by PattayaParent

According to Lyngsat there's 1 HD channel in the TrueVisions package: Discovery HD

Fox Crime and Australia Network were broadcast by TopupTV until the first of December, but they are 'improving' channels and the channels are now gone.

BBC Entertainment and Sky International are available on the Intelsat7/10 (MultiChoice).

Switching to HD requires receivers that can handle HD streams from the satellite. And it's gonna be quite an investment for TrueVisions to change a couple of million receivers throughout the country.....

I'd like to see live UFC instead of just repeats of fights from months back. They have live boxing on the odd occasion so don't see why they couldn't show the UFC as well.

Come on true, please sort it out!!!

Having had a 46 inch full HD TV for a few of years now and seen what HD can be like via PS3 and Bluray I'd love it if they can bring HD and would gladly pay for it. I know this won't happen soon so I'd love it if they could start with a better quality signal on the current system and broadcast the full wide screen picture. I am tired of fuzzy faces and poor sound quality.

I know Sony has been pushing them to improve the service as they want to sell more wide-screen TVs but nothing has happened. All the big stores sell only wide-screen Tvs now so surely they can't say nobody will want to pay pay for it. I don't like doing it but I started downloading all the top shows from US and UK as it's the only way to get full wide-screen with a better quality picture and sound. I have 2 UBC boxes with Platinum for my wife and Kids but I'd gladly cancel tomorrow. I tried their Tivo box but didn't go for it because the quality of picture and sound and content isn't enough right now.

Yes, bring back BBC Ent, better sports coverage, Sci-Fi channel, Fox Crime, and anything HD. Oh, and less old repeats of old shows again and again and....

I just hope that they start showing some of the events they list in their monthly magazine.

eg, advertising live coverage of the Tour De France but showing only edited highlights and replacing the opening stage with a Hot Dog eating contest.

Having had a 46 inch full HD TV for a few of years now and seen what HD can be like via PS3 and Bluray I'd love it if they can bring HD and would gladly pay for it. I know this won't happen soon so I'd love it if they could start with a better quality signal on the current system and broadcast the full wide screen picture. I am tired of fuzzy faces and poor sound quality.

It's already bloody expensive. Kindly don't give them any ideas. TRUE = ripoff.

If I remember it right in 2008 True was testing their HD system. Now there are two Thai channels broadcasted in HD but not through True Visions. (MCOT-HD and some other channel I cannot remember)

A friend of mine who works in this industry says Thailand's HD system in this decade (the decade starting 2010) won't be free-to-air but will either through cable or internet instead. Sad face. :)

it seems we will get nothing new. they gave us that free month upgrade in Dec for that reaso a few years back they did a revamp had channels going up to 129 I think, nothinghappend.. Yes I would love Sci fy channel and some of the fox channels and Universal for now I just download the shows I want to watch, much cheaper and much better quality then true

I am relatively satisfied with the channel line up and programming.

My only beef is the poor reception. Having had both cable and satellite back in the States, what we get here with satellite (and, yes, in our case there's no shadow from adjacent buildings) is substandard.

I have been a subscriber for a long time, but I am considering ditching True now. The price should have fallen as other means of watching TV (the Internet) have come into competition with True.

How will True hang onto my custom?

Reduce your prices by about a third to 999 baht including additional montly charges and improve the quality of the programs and signal.

Thank you in advance.

Cable operator in Chiang Mai now just added Sci-Fi, Fox News and Universal.

I agree. The quality of the sound and picture of TrueVisions has gone downhill since they start cramming more channels in the same number of bandwidth. Compression artifacts can be seen and spot pretty easily. Believe it or not, the normal Thai TV channels picture and sound is so much more crisp on a 55-inch HDTV than of TrueVisions.

Not so happy customer here.

True will be the sole operator until the next government comes in. I hope something will be done then.

Looks like they are finally arranging the channels based on category. About the time...

But yes, HD it is i want. But prior to going for it they should sort out the quality of their SD transmission. I'm on their cable and it is bad, really bad. Movies from old VHS tapes had better quality than True cable.

So please drop all those useless channels sitting there for future use and get the resolution and feed quality up to par for the present channels before adding new ones.

Once this is done and HD available then sort out the programming info in the magazine, online and in set top box tv guide so that people know what is on in which channel and what time. At the moment it's all mixed all the time. Especially football matches.

I'm moving to a new place shortly and will switch from cable to satellite and seriously considering going for other options than True if the quality is what it is also in satellite.

Hallmark occasionally runs trailers for the Sci-Fi channel, which is also apparently available. Now that I would really enjoy.

I would also welcome a return of the much-loved BBC Entertainment channel. I downgraded to Gold when that was cancelled last June but would happily upgrade again to Platinum, Titanium whatever to get that back.

A big 'yes' to HD. So many viewers now have expensive high-def TVs but there are no HDTV channels being broadcast. I'm surprised there hasn't been more pressure from equipment manufacturers. HDTV is not just about Blu-ray players and discs. It would be a joy if that were actually on the horizon.

Agree would have loved to have Sci-Fi and like mentioned above Fox & Universal for sure but I don't agree to pay more for it or upgrade from Gold to get them which should be have far better channels then it currently does... And to the OP if this is going to be put in front of True persons of interest it seems the perfect place to voice real issues not just pat them on the back..My primary issue is cost versus quality so I would like to see some improvements in packages but not any significant increase in cost to get them, right now "Gold" is more like a "bronze" package..

I also wish they would use just one character on the menu to delineate between Knowledge (K) Gold (G) GoldA (GA) and Platinum (P) by writing out those words or a four letter abbreviation and then adding a colon (:D they waste 4 characters on an already character limited space menu which then makes it more difficult to understand what the program is, :) those four characters could make all the difference...

Edited by WarpSpeed

The television situation in Thailand is pretty much a disaster for foreigners. I gave up True Visions in September last year as I was truly fed up with their truly terrible service. After a few weeks of no TV, I had a DTV dish fitted so that I could watch the Australia Network (in my view, an excellent all-round channel). Much not to my surprise, after just a couple of months, the Australia Network was dropped by the Top up company, so now DTV only caters to Thais. I don't understand why DTV don't offer a few foreign language channels to attract us non-Thais. But I also don't understand why WeTV - the cable network in Chiang Mai - only operates within the city. When I lived in Phuket, the cable company there spread their service all over the island when they realized how high the customer demand was. I'm sure it would be the same in Chiang Mai. But if True Visions would include the Australia Network, then I might consider joining up again. They would also need to re-think their pricing! Why don't they offer consumers the opportunity to select the channels they want to watch and charge accordingly?

i don't think True will ever upgrade. There's no demand for it... ok aside from those who have replied to this topic, there is just no demand for it... (what ever happened to True PVR?)

If True does go HD, they will just jack up the prices sky high that only the rich (1-5% of the entire Thai population) can ever afford it.

True is a business entity.... with the purpose of making money.... I don't see HD in Thailand anytime soon. SHOOT 3G is not even here yet and they are 5 years behind everyone else.

I want HD.... got family in the States and UK with HD broadcast for god knows how long now.

Have anyone else lost A-La-Carte HBO and Discovery Package?? Mine is gone.

According to a letter from True subscribers in Multi-Dwelling Units with combined TV reception would loose these channels but I have my own unit.

Got the ALC HBO and Discovery channels but they're all over the place.

Took about 15 minutes this morning to sort everything into the order I want (1-10 Movies, 11-16 Entertainment, 17-27 Edu, 28-30 News - I'll wait to Saturday to sort the sport). Back to normal now.

Got the ALC HBO and Discovery channels but they're all over the place.

Took about 15 minutes this morning to sort everything into the order I want (1-10 Movies, 11-16 Entertainment, 17-27 Edu, 28-30 News - I'll wait to Saturday to sort the sport). Back to normal now.

Strange that your ALC channels were all over the place. Mine are at channel 151-157 but with "E16 Service is currently scrambled"

What the hells going on?????????????

Congratulations Truevisions you've made a complete fck up!!!!

No BBC

No CNN

No Cartoon Channel for the children

The so-called Gold package i subscribe to bears no resemblance to those shown and now i have huge gaps with black screens.

Looks like TMN Cable TV for me if they don't sort this shit out.

My misses tried to ring them this morning and all lines are engaged............With complaints i don't doubt.