Cslox Adsl Near Chiangmai

mitra

Hi,

Since a few months I have ADSL (still a dial-up connection) through CSLox.

Fee 1,605 Thb. a month at 256/128. At peaks Opera reports downloads as 26.1k/sec.

Today I can at least can get access to the Internet again, but the speed is still not more than 50% of what it used to beat this time of day (22.30-23.00). Opera now reports (maximums of) 12,9-15,4 Kb per sec, but when I open an European newspaper, it slows down to 1,5-5,0 Kb per sec.

2 Days ago -after many attempts- I was able to contact the Bangkok support desk by phone. I was told to change the DNS settings from 'automatic' to assigned settings. No improvement. So the 'technical department' would call me back. Hasn't happened yet.

My system: P4, 2.4G, 768Ddram, OS Win XP SP2, modem "Micronet Broadlink 3302".

Anyone out there having experienced similar problems? Personally I do not think that my (cheap) modem is the problem, rather that CSLox has changed their DNS settings clumsily.

Any suggestion for a better/more reliable ISP would be welcome. Here, 15 km out of CM I cannot get inet by cable.

Correction: I suddenly get 26.6 kb/s at downloading, and about 10 kb/s while reading newspapers. CSLox seems to have improved something.

Still waiting for suggestions about other (ADSL-) providers in CM-area, as CSL often is slower than a 28k modem or access is simply impossible.