Thai Girl Monthly Allowance

david1

Joey:

Hey, watch out all these other posters are going to label you atroll for going against the grain! Well, I agree with your point 100%. What does this allowance really mean? Are these the same people who will not donate money but will easily fork over an allowance to a thai girl cause she is providing him with some "stimulation" and maybe setting his slippers at the end of the bed or putting his toothpaste on the brush?

This is what I dont get. Is this allowance a thai thing? My dad has always worked and paid the bills but never handed out a "monthly allowance" to my mother? I am talking a set sum each month on day one. What gives with this rule of allowances in this couintry? And if this is what it means to "give" and keeping the girl liking you then count me out!

Glad I have remained so single in Thailand and not got caught up in all the crap that goes with dating in a foreign country. Nah... Ill stick to the 2hour at a time allowance type.

Turok

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of agree with Turok here. I'm baffled by the number of guys who give their wives/gfs an 'allowance' akin to a Thai doctors salary and then use the rather lame 'I did the same thing with my wife in the UK/US/wherever and got stung' excuse.

It says more to me about the mentality of some of these blokes than anything else. They moan about how they forked out hand over fist in the West only to come to Thailand and do exactly the same!!?? Now thats really clever! Nice to see them learning from their previous mistakes!

Don't give her a freaking penny.

Shes probably sitting around with her firends and family in Issarn, mocking you for being so stupid for sending her the money.

I assume you are a westerner, what makes you think you have have a sucessful relationship with this girl?

The culture's, erm... rather different!

Chock Dee!

Well this is what I been trying to say all along.

And I know that they sit around and laugh at the guys who send them easy cash to "promise to be good girls."

Ok maybe I was a bit rough at times but I dont think it is fair that only one side of the story was being told. It is a very dangerous game these girls play and it is just a game. Guys need to be made aware.

Anyways, there choice.

Yes I agree,

Its just a game to them, but they are messing with peoples LIVES. If they were starving or in a serious situation it would be understandable. These girls who mess with peoples lives, emotions and extort money - and find it funny are a bunch of c**ts. and their families. What is wrong with living a dignified life upcountry, working in the fields etc?

A word of warning. Isaan (largest province) people have a very BAD reputation in Thailand. Ask any "educated" city folk outside of the province what they think of "isaanians". I am not saying they are all bad, but this is their reputation in Thailand. Its strange a lot of these people are ethnic Laos, because when you cross the border in to Laos peoples attitudes seem a lot more wholesome (from my experience).

Yes I agree,

Its just a game to them, but they are messing with peoples LIVES. If they were starving or in a serious situation it would be understandable. These girls who mess with peoples lives, emotions and extort money - and find it funny are a bunch of c**ts. and their families. What is wrong with living a dignified life upcountry, working in the fields etc?

A word of warning. Isaan (largest province) people have a very BAD reputation in Thailand. Ask any "educated" city folk outside of the province what they think of "isaanians". I am not saying they are all bad, but this is their reputation in Thailand. Its strange a lot of these people are ethnic Laos, because when you cross the border in to Laos peoples attitudes seem a lot more wholesome (from my experience).

Hmm not frightened of a generalisation are you? :D

Do you think you could make your point at all without this well worn 'all issan women are thieves' chestnut?

Nah you couldn't, could you? :o

"dignified life upcountry in the fields etc."

I'm not going to question your experience but to shoot a hole in this particular balloon of yours my wife left her village because there was no, as in zero, zip, farkall opportunity for work in the village. The jobs in the fields were taken by the young men. The only option for women was to head to the nearest city.

But I agree with the sentiment about encouraging the girl to start a business.

Let's face it, if she turned down that opportunity to sit on her bum and collest the 15K you'd soon know what her priorities were

Yes I agree,

Ask any "educated" city folk outside of the province what they think of "isaanians". I am not saying they are all bad, but this is their reputation in Thailand. Its strange a lot of these people are ethnic Laos, because when you cross the border in to Laos peoples attitudes seem a lot more wholesome (from my experience).

I know loads of educated people who do not have that opinion at all. And if they did it wouldn't show much for their education. Ridiculous statement.

Hmm not frightened of a generalisation are you? 

Do you think you could make your point at all without this well worn 'all issan women are thieves' chestnut?

Nah you couldn't, could you? 

No, becuase my point is that many are dishonest.

I didn't say they are all theives. I said they have a reputation for being like that. It might be an old chestnut, but the original poster should be advised that many are like that. From his statement he seems a bit naive.

The point I am trying to make is a lot of folk from these areas really don't like us - see us as "walking wallets" and would glady mess with our lives out of spite, as much as out of necessity.

I know loads of educated people who do not have that opinion at all. And if they did it wouldn't show much for their education. Ridiculous statement.

Many Thais make a mockery of issan people this blatanly done on Thai comedy shows. Isaan people are the laughing stock of Thailand. They rarely hold good jobs or positions of authority. Isaan people do not appear to be trustworthy. Also most of the working girls come from this area, seeking money to provide lazy carefree lifestyles to their families (who often have gambling, drinking and drug problems). Some have more honorable motives, such as to provide money for replacement buffalo or mums operation.

I read a report (I will try to find it) by some charity or NGO concerned with the huge numbers of sexual abuse cases within families in this region. Because most people here are very poor, they would often share rooms and beds with the rest of their family. As a result of this, low morals, fueled with alcohol and drug abuse -sexual abuse towards children, usually girls is common there. Beware your girlfriend may have been molested by her father or brothers and as a result have some serious mental issues.

I think you have serious mental issues... apart from being a TROLL :o

totster :D

For the last 8 months I have been sending a girl from Issan 15,000 Baht per month.  I see her when I come over, have met the family, etc.  We get along quite well.  She works in a saloon in Kalisin and appears to be fairly leveled headed.  15,000 baht per month did not phase me when I was working in the states but in June I am moving to Thailand and will be on a fixed income.  ( I am not necesarily retiring but sold some properties and decided to enjoy life while I am still young, 47 years old).  Question is should I cut her off when I move to Thailand as I will be supporting her, or at least cut the monthly allowance down?  If I cut it down, by how much then?    I don't want to be bothered for money all the time so I am inclined to reduce the amount to 10,000 Baht per month.  What are your thoughts?  Thanks.

Hi David, I can't find a ref to the word "girlfriend" in your posts.

This girl has a good job, why are you sending her 15KB a month?

15KB/month, is a lot of baht in Isaan..... :o

Just curious.

"A word of warning. Isaan (largest province) people have a very BAD reputation in Thailand. Ask any "educated" city folk outside of the province what they think of "isaanians". I am not saying they are all bad, but this is their reputation in Thailand. Its strange a lot of these people are ethnic Laos, because when you cross the border in to Laos peoples attitudes seem a lot more wholesome (from my experience)."

I think I need a geography lesson. I can't find the largest "province" Issan. Would that be near Korat, Loei, Nong Kai or Surin? Is this bad reputation similar to anyone living below the Mason Dixon line in the USA? After all most of those people are Hill Billy people. As far as giving your girlfriend/wife an allowance, has it ever occurred to you that this is indeed a different culture? This is not a welfare state and the parents of these girls don't get social scurity or welfare. The children here are responsible for taking care of the elders whether we like it or not. A fool and his money are soon parted anywhere in the world. It is no different here. As far as asking the elite Bangkokians, I'll just be content living among the BAD reputation people. Do the Lao people living under communism have a better attitude? I have never seen that. Why is it that so many of them want to (or do) live in Thailand?

I think I need a geography lesson. I can't find the largest "province" Issan. Would that be near Korat, Loei, Nong Kai or Surin?

Where do you live?

If you don't know where Issan is then I very much doubt if you live in Thailand. :D

And what a lot of <deleted> over Issanites supposed "bad" reputations... :o

You have no fcukin idea. :D

TROLL

Well Jai Daam, I suppose you too think Issan is a province? The part above my post was a quote from someone called Octave who thinks Issan is a province as well as him saying the people are BAD reputation people.

My "Quote" didn't work out so I suppose it is confusing you but if you read a little closer and try to understand I think you will get the meaning of my post which is the lower paragraph.

I think I need a geography lesson. I can't find the largest "province" Issan. Would that be near Korat, Loei, Nong Kai or Surin?

Where do you live?

If you don't know where Issan is then I very much doubt if you live in Thailand. :D

And what a lot of <deleted> over Issanites supposed "bad" reputations... :o

You have no fcukin idea. :D

TROLL

Yes I agree,

Hmm not frightened of a generalisation are you? :D

Nah you couldn't, could you? :D

"dignified life upcountry in the fields etc."

I'm not going to question your experience but to shoot a hole in this particular balloon of yours my wife left her village because there was no, as in zero, zip, farkall opportunity for work in the village. The jobs in the fields were taken by the young men. The only option for women was to head to the nearest city.

But I agree with the sentiment about encouraging the girl to start a business.

Let's face it, if she turned down that opportunity to sit on her bum and collest the 15K you'd soon know what her priorities were

I wouldn't say bad... but there are generalizations out there that do fit fairly well. Yes, the Issan can be hard workers but there does seem to be a "lack of ambition" gene there (which might explain their tendency to go for the handout... in the various above cases mentioned). You see it all the time where they are more than happy to be employed -instead of being their own boss- for years and years -well past the point where they know the entire business/operation from top to bottom- and never strike out on their own.

:o

Well Jai Daam, I suppose you too think Issan is a province? The part above my post was a quote from someone called Octave who thinks Issan is a province as well as him saying the people are BAD reputation people.

My "Quote" didn't work out so I suppose it is confusing you but if you read a little closer and try to understand I think you will get the meaning of my post which is the lower paragraph.

Ahhh... I see what you mean now... my sincere apologies.

Your lack of quote marks in your post had indeed confused me.

I take it all back.

Just for the record, I have travelled extensively through most of the provinces in the Issan region... and Loei would have to be my personal favourite. :D

Loei is scenic, has very little traffic, nice people and I like it quite well. BUT, if the truth be told had my girlfriend not had property and a nice house there we probably would have chosen Nong Kai. I like the big river and the Mekong is about 100 kilometers north from where we live. Another drawback is having to go all the way to Udon for decent medical care. :D

Ahhh... I see what you mean now... my sincere apologies.

Your lack of quote marks in your post had indeed confused me.

I take it all back.

Just for the record, I have travelled extensively through most of the provinces in the Issan region... and Loei would have to be my personal favourite. :D

For the last 8 months I have been sending a girl from Issan 15,000 Baht per month.   I see her when I come over, have met the family, etc.   We get along quite well.   She works in a saloon in Kalisin and appears to be fairly leveled headed.   15,000 baht per month did not phase me when I was working in the states but in June I am moving to Thailand and will be on a fixed income.   ( I am not necesarily retiring but sold some properties and decided to enjoy life while I am still young, 47 years old).   Question is should I cut her off when I move to Thailand as I will be supporting her, or at least cut the monthly allowance down?  If I cut it down, by how much then?    I don't want to be bothered for money all the time so I am inclined to reduce the amount to 10,000 Baht per month.   What are your thoughts?   Thanks.

Hi David, I can't find a ref to the word "girlfriend" in your posts.

This girl has a good job, why are you sending her 15KB a month?

15KB/month, is a lot of baht in Isaan..... :o

Just curious.

Hey Udon,

Yes she is my girlfriend. I wouldn't consider her job a " good job" even by Thai standards but at least she has one. As far as where I got the figure 15,000 Baht, I based it somewhat on how it would effect my budget while I was working in the States, which was nill. I know the money I sent her has effected the quality of her families life i.e. now they have a motor bike, gas instead of charcoal to cook with, sister in University, etc.. I would rather give the money to some one who I beleive can use it and appreciate it vrs some @#$ Bimbo on South Beach in Miami via a dinner, etc.. WHile I believe she truly has feelings for me and us using the money productively, nothing is a ' sure" thing, especailly with women. We'll see how it goes when I arrive in June. I have considered all the input from the members and will just have to " play it by ear"!!!Thanks for all the advice!!

I always love the comparisons to third world up country folk. I don't give a rat's ass what is the average peasant wage. Why don't we base all of our spending habits on the average cuban wage of $13. Better yet, a starbucks cup of coffee per day costs more than the average wage of most 3rd world countries. All these mothers who move here and cheapen themselves into oblivion are putrid. I can't much deal with it.

I always love the comparisons to third world up country folk. I don't give a rat's ass what is the average peasant wage. Why don't we base all of our spending habits on the average cuban wage of $13. Better yet, a starbucks cup of coffee per day costs more than the average wage of most 3rd world countries. All these mothers who move here and cheapen themselves into oblivion are putrid. I can't much deal with it.

post this on a cuban internet forum and ya might not be talkin a load of nackers :o

Bob, I think you just failed the atitude test.... :o