A Death In The Family?

MJP

Dear old Grandpa passed away this morning in a hospital in Roi-Et. After a heavy session over the New Year it seems the old boy had some sort of brain failure. He was declared deceased by the doctor. Much sorrow over his passing.

As is customary, his frail old cadaver was returned to the family home late this afternoon and laid out in the living room . . . where . . . he began breathing again! Yes dear old Grandpa is back from the dead.

I've just been informed of this miracle and have urged the family to return him to hospital (albeit another one) so he may be given the best chances of recovery.

The response?

'No. Monk say he come back from dead to make up with everyone after have fighting with family'. 'Doctor say, no bring him back cos' he be dead in three day anyway and agree with monk'.

I shall continue to monitor this situation with interest.

:):D:D

Any lottery numbers?

It's quite disturbing. They believe he has actually returned from the dead, rather than a misdiagnosis of clinical death or whatever it's called.

Ghost stories for years on this one, it'll be like Elvis or Where's Wally?

At least Grandpa had a doctor to attend him (even if the doctor apparently didn't know what he was doing). When Grandma died a few months ago, there was no medical attendant; she passed away at her daughter's home, and that was that. At least the Life Insurance company paid out! But I hope I get to have a doctor when the day comes (a long way away yet, one hopes).

'

No. Monk say he come back from dead to make up with everyone after have fighting with family'. 'Doctor say, no bring him back cos' he be dead in three day anyway and agree with monk'.

The doctor agreed with the monk that he came back from the dead to make up with everyone after fighting with the family?

Which medical college did he graduate from? John Hopkins Si Saket Faculty? :)

'
No. Monk say he come back from dead to make up with everyone after have fighting with family'. 'Doctor say, no bring him back cos' he be dead in three day anyway and agree with monk'.

The doctor agreed with the monk that he came back from the dead to make up with everyone after fighting with the family?

Something like that. Just been round, yes he's pretty much had it. Went to see the local shopkeeper who lived in Miami for a decade, says this is normal and not to send him back to hospital because it will affect his sales of Lau Kao and Leo. :D

At least you can relax now......a typical example of an occasion where you cannot just stand by and do nothing if you think you may be able to make a difference.......

Then when you have the opportunity to appraise the situation......The Thai way fits, and is also the way of least resistance......

It is very very difficult just to accept a situation where you would do things differently.....one of the more complex aspects of being a foreigner in Thailand.

At least you can relax now......a typical example of an occasion where you cannot just stand by and do nothing if you think you may be able to make a difference.......

Then when you have the opportunity to appraise the situation......The Thai way fits, and is also the way of least resistance......

It is very very difficult just to accept a situation where you would do things differently.....one of the more complex aspects of being a foreigner in Thailand.

Not really much different to the UK looking at it in a cold light. The old chap died in 2008 from hideous cancers, at home in terrible distress, so not much different.

This old boy here must be at least 120 years old.

Sad when they go so young.

Well did you ask him the secret?.......married to a Thai lady and living to 120..... :) .

I'm pretty sure he stayed single most of his life. That could well be the secret to a long and happy life.

'

Something like that. Just been round, yes he's pretty much had it. Went to see the local shopkeeper who lived in Miami for a decade, says this is normal and not to send him back to hospital because it will affect his sales of Lau Kao and Leo. :D

MJP, your prose are superb.

Well well ......... I bet that gave the family a shock, albeit a very pleasent one

Whats his condition now(?) - I'd be inclined to get him back to hospital pronto pronto, but for heavens sake - not the same hospital.

By the way - what does the death cert say for cause of death? - not many living folk around who can add their death cert to their CV!!!!

Well well ......... I bet that gave the family a shock, albeit a very pleasent one

Whats his condition now(?) - I'd be inclined to get him back to hospital pronto pronto, but for heavens sake - not the same hospital.

By the way - what does the death cert say for cause of death? - not many living folk around who can add their death cert to their CV!!!!

From what I gather his current condition is most probably:

Oxygen 64%

Carbon 18%

Hydrogen 9%

Nitrogen 3%

Lau Kao 2%

Calcium 1.5%

Phosphorous 1.0%

Potassium 0.35%

Sulfur 0.25%

Sodium 0.15%

Chlorine 0.15%

Magnesium 0.05%

Iron 0.0004%

Iodine 0.00004%

I think this composition will change in the next few days to:

Carbon 98%

Calcium 1.5%Potassium 0.35%

Magnesium 0.05%

Iron 0.0004%

Iodine 0.00004%

Lau Kao Trace

Ye write DIAGNOSED ! the only thing they forgot to tell yu was which doctor. GET IT the Village WICH DOCTOR :):D

& if he`s 99 then the carers can do it :D with no goverment alltopsy & send him on his way OR :D was it because he was an old monk with no one. THIS HAPPENED ACROSS THE ROAD FROM ME LAST MONTH. & WITH ALL GREAT RESPECT TO THE MONK :D