Visa For Thai Visiting Continental Europe & Uk

Posting this on behalf of a friend..........

His girlfriend is going back with him to UK next week on a 6 month holiday visa.

When in UK, is it possible to get her a visa to visit, say, Spain for a short mini holiday?

Could a Schengen Visa be obtained to cover, say, a driving holiday to Spain, through France?

If yes, how would you do it, and who would you apply to?

(Good replies, and he'll probably sign up to TV himself!)

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, both the French and Spanish embassies in London say that those in the UK with a visit visa cannot apply in London; which means she'll need to apply in Bangkok before she leaves. As she is leaving next week, I doubt that she will have the time.

Sorry.

Following my 'closing' post above, just thought of something that might benefit readers / applicants in the future.

In situations like this where a long UK tourist visa is obtained, looks like it is worth also applying for a Schengen country visa at the same time. This would facilitate a holiday in Europe during the visitors stay in UK. As long as you enter via the country which has supplied your visa, then Europe's your oyster.

7by7 - if I'm wrong in this assumption, please correct me or add your comments.

You cannot actually apply for both visas at the same time, but she could apply for a Schengen Visa as soon as the UK Visa is in the bank, I'm sure that's what you meant.

It could be done but it would be very tight and it would depend on when next week she is actually travelling to the UK.

She would need to make an appointment with the French Visa Section to deposit the application, I note there are appointments from tomorrow onwards. She would need to supply basically the same information as for the UK Visa, with the addition of confirmed travel and accomodation and travel insurance, I suspect this might be a problem. If all this is available it could be done, but whilst the French turn round applications in a couple of days, as I say, it would be very tight, the people at the Embassy will tell her if it could be done.

For the information of others the French Visa Section is outsourcing the process of depositing applications from the end of January.