House Construction

carrying on from my previous thread, could we say 6-10k baht per sq meter is a suitable estimate for house construction in Central Thailand depending on the finish (not including land)? I wanna build two wings around a central courtyard with two kitchens, baths and etc. The courtyard will have paving stones and drainage (including sanitation, wastewater, rainwater) will be via pipe trenches on both sides of the structure.

Someone said previously that a good way to go is to let a contract for labor only and to purchase materials from local building suppliers as needed. Anyone try this arrangement?

I'm talking about single storey brick construction, double wall on the outside, fully insulated/ventilated roof space and a 3 meter wide interior veranda.

Thanks...tutsi

double wall fully insulated your looking at 8 to 10k as your averadge meter cost, labour only is ok if you enjoy going to the shop each day then going back to the site each day and finding them not working cos they forgot to tell you they need nails aswell or something ridculous.

just get 3 quotes and tell them you will buy the fittings for bathrooms and kitchens, its as easy as that.

I realise that I've said this before on more than one occasion but I believe it is worth repeating tutsi.

Make sure you are there during construction. The whole time they are w*rking. Most construction w*rkers I have known/heard of, are liable to "do it their way" the minute your back is turned.