Selemectin

ivermectin, u can buy bottle in agricultural stores and inject or give orally (look it up for the dosages i cant remember anymore)... the thai brands are cheap but i dont think so affective. the belgium/dutch/usa brands are better.

get your dog tested for heart worm first if he has come from over seas...

dont give it if your dog is a collie or collie mix.

bina

israel

all the ivo/iver etc the same... can not remember how to use it with cats, sorry. we used to give orally i think... go to a vet one time, get the name and the dosage (and the percentage cause it its injectable, u dont need to give too much orally. if its the oral preparation,u can not inject (not sterile), and teh dosage is different. once u know, u can use it . it usually goes by body weight, not age.

bina

spot on... that is the name....

but, ivermectin and selemectin et al are all the same (more or less)...

and for cats, sheep, goats, it is all OFF LABEL use anyhow... that is, it is not approved in the states as used on these animals however, here (israel) we use it on all animals: horses -ORAL ONLY in a paste such as equvalen of buying the large bottles of oral liquid ivermectin...

so for cats we give it orally from the injectable kind, (NOT as i said before, from the oral kind since the oral kind is meant for oral dosage in large animals, and u would have to work out the percentage dosage for a small animal.

we used ivermac as injectable and/or oral on rabbits, guinea pigs, foxes, ferrets (oral), wild cats, and it can and is used on humans in some countries ....

i think here u can work out the dosage:

Toxicology Brief: Proper Use of Ivermectin in Cats

RECOMMENDED AND EXTRA-LABEL USE

Ivermectin is approved by the FDA for use as a heartworm preventative in cats. The recommended minimum dose in cats is 24 µg/kg of body weight.

Although manufacturers do not recommend use outside of approved label instructions, the FDA allows extra-label use under the specific conditions of the Animal Medicinal Drug Use Clarification Act.a Ivermectin preparations formulated for sheep and cattle are the most common forms of the drug used extralabel in cats and dogs (for heartworm prevention).1 Although extralabel use of ivermectin is not recommended by product manufacturers, uninformed but well meaning owners sometimes use large animal formulations as treatment for parasites in an attempt to save money. However, it is extremely difficult to titrate the dose from a product meant to treat a 1,200-lb horse to safely treat a 10- or 12-lb cat; in addition, dosing errors are not uncommon. Many owners are unaware that the dose for cats must be in micrograms (µg), not milligrams (mg) per kilogram.

In cats, ivermectin is also used at extralabel doses to treat ectoparasites. A single dose of 200 µg/kg SQ (SQ MEANS UNDER THE SKIN, NOT IN THE MUSCLE, INJECTION-MY COMMENT)has been used to treat Otodectes cynotis (ear mites).1 However, a topical product (Acarexx Otic Suspension, IDEXX Laboratories, Westbrook, ME) has been approved to treat adult ear mites in cats and kittens 4 weeks of age and older. Ivermectin is also considered effective against Notoedres cati (mange) at 400 µg/kg SQ and has been used to treat Cheyletiella spp infestation in cats, especially in large catteries.1

use a 1-2 ml syringe (the kind used for insulin, as there u can see the microunits i.e. 0.004 units for instance, this is all less then one millileter.) to get the proper dosage... ivermec has a fairly high overdose level (meaning u dont have to be super perfect in measurement/dosage, and an other mistake people do is underdosing, which is completely inaffective... and remember that if u give it orally, often the animal shakes its head , spraying some of the ivermec back out agian (it is bitter and nasty tasting, yes ive tasted it, dont ask , it wasnt on purpsoe)...

bina

israel