Freeview Thailand And New Zealand

noahvail

Done the searches here on Tv, but couldn't find anything on this. I'm curious to know if a NZ freeview box and card will receive the freeview channels from NZ here in LoS. I have the Thai freeview now, hooked up with the dish and all, it works fine.

From what I can find on Google, both countries use the same Optus-D satellite, so that encourages me to find out more. But I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing, so please be patient with me. (For you Kiwis, no, I don't miss Shortland Street, but it would be nice to keep up with the rest of the country.)

If it's possible to bring in NZ, how would I go about hooking it up? Could both boxes run off one dish?

Thanks for your help :)

Thanks all for your help. Not the result I was hoping for, but you've no doubt saved me a passel of grief. :)

for nz local news, try 3 News it has most of the items posted on its site and i think you can get the 6 pm news streamed live daily

Hi,

Talk to these guys, they know all about satellite dishes and receivers and how to set them up... and they speak English..

http://www.jsat.tv/

If they won't return calls, what good is their English-speaking ability? A dish and two boxes they set up at our building never worked properly even after buying new boxes (a month or so after buying the originals) & firmware upgrades, total waste of time & money going round and round.

In that route lies madness. UBC, cable, or fast internet (relatively speaking) is all you got; live with it.

Edited by JSixpack

Hi,

Talk to these guys, they know all about satellite dishes and receivers and how to set them up... and they speak English..

http://www.jsat.tv/

If they won't return calls, what good is their English-speaking ability

Well if you ring us in offices hours we will talk to you and return your calls, and email and all the real contact details are on the web site link above.

Now to get back to the OP,

1. No can not see freeview here in LOS

2. Yes you can use the box here on a number of satellites in LOS

3. TV 1 has a daily news feed on the IS5 C Band satellite

tvnz2007.jpg

Edited by joncl