New Book? Anyone Seen It In Real Life?

foolforlove

I stumbled upon this on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Reference-Grammar-Th...9485&sr=1-2

"A Reference Grammar of Thai" by Shoichi Iwasaki and Preeya Ingkaphirom

Has anyone seen this in real life? Perhaps even for sale in BKK?

The Kinokuniya website says they DON'T have it.

When I read the customer reviews, I got the impression it might only have transliterated Thai, but an online look through Amazon showed that it has both Thai script and transliteration side by side.... FYI.

Thanks

Yes, a lot of us have spoken about it on this site. If you can't find it in the shops, and don't want to order it, then both Thammasat and Chula have copies in their libraries. Their library catalogues are available on line.

Gaccha,

I know there is always a lot of talk on this board about the Higbe book, but I hadn't seen this book discussed.....

I can't watch every thread though.

I am glad to hear its well known. As you suggested, I see it in the online library catalog for Chula.

However, the website for both Kinokuniya and Chula bookstores say they DON'T have this book.

Since a lot of posters have spoken about it on this site, can someone suggest where to buy this book in BKK?

Yes, a lot of us have spoken about it on this site. If you can't find it in the shops, and don't want to order it, then both Thammasat and Chula have copies in their libraries. Their library catalogues are available on line.

Gaccha,

I know there is always a lot of talk on this board about the Higbe book, but I hadn't seen this book discussed.....

I can't watch every thread though.

I am glad to hear its well known. As you suggested, I see it in the online library catalog for Chula.

However, the website for both Kinokuniya and Chula bookstores say they DON'T have this book.

Since a lot of posters have spoken about it on this site, can someone suggest where to buy this book in BKK?

In a sense you can 'buy' it at Chula or Thammasat. The libraries have photocopy companies whose job is to copy the book for you. They should do it in about 1 hour and it should cost around 100 baht. They are located within the big libraries or thorughout the campuses. All legal.