Beauty Products

How feasible is it in Thailand to start a company that produced natural beauty products? Is there a procedure that has to be followed with the FDA? Any idea about costs involved for testing products (if neccesary) or where to get hold of packaging?

Would like to start a small beauty product business starting with soaps/massage oil buying the raw materials and adding the scents. Trying to feel out the legalities involved.

Any info would be appreciated.

How feasible is it in Thailand to start a company that produced natural beauty products?  Is there a procedure that has to be followed with the FDA?  Any idea about costs involved for testing products (if neccesary) or where to get hold of packaging?

Would like to start a small beauty product business starting with soaps/massage oil buying the raw materials and adding the scents.  Trying to feel out the legalities involved.

Well blow me down the FDA website was actually reasonably helpful - and in English. I would still appreciate any feedback from anyone with direct experience though...

How feasible is it in Thailand to start a company that produced natural beauty products?  Is there a procedure that has to be followed with the FDA?  Any idea about costs involved for testing products (if neccesary) or where to get hold of packaging?

Would like to start a small beauty product business starting with soaps/massage oil buying the raw materials and adding the scents.  Trying to feel out the legalities involved.

Well blow me down the FDA website was actually reasonably helpful - and in English. I would still appreciate any feedback from anyone with direct experience though...

Just PM'd you with a contact suggestion.

Legal has the aspect of work permit and fda. Work permit is dependant upon the factors that apply to any business operation. Fda is more complex and is based upon the efficacy and safety, which in turn depends upon what your product is suppose to do or is claimed to do.

"beauty product" i'm assuming means cosmetic and would probably therefore be subject to fda regulation.

Just to note, competition in the soap business is both local (british dispensary...) and internation (body shop, unilver...), with well established firms as well as small startups (1 tambon). Yes, i mean also in the "natural" soap business, however you might define the term.

Testing and packaging services are in abundance, just google it. EOs are also available locally... hence their use in many spas around the country.

BTW, is it wise to assume that you know how to make good soap and how to scale batch sizes that would yield profits?