Cost Of Soil For Land Fill (chiang Mai)

I need to raise the level of the land I have bought. It is currently a rice field, about 70cm

to 1m below the road level. The land infill area is 1 rai (1600 metres squared), and I figure

I need a height of 1 metre infill.

We have a quote of about 350 baht per truck (one of those blue trucks always racing around),

maybe each truck is about 4 cubic metres of soil. Hard to get exact answers....

My question is, how much have other people paid for soil infill, say per 1 cubic metre, or per

1 cubic rai (1600 metres squared up to 1 metre height)?

Thanks...

Your going to need about 320 truck loads at the specs that you quot. Fill goes for 250 to 500 baht per load with tractor depending on quality of fill.

thanks for that, so about 300 trucks can fill 1 rai to 1 metre height?

can i let the soil settle naturally, or does it need the tractor to compress it? also, if

it settles naturally or is compressed, how much does the soil compress? from 1m

to 70cm or so?

thanks a lot...

Your going to need about 320 truck loads at the specs that you quot. Fill goes for 250 to 500 baht per load with tractor depending on quality of fill.

thanks for that, so about 300 trucks can fill 1 rai to 1 metre height?

can i let the soil settle naturally, or does it need the tractor to compress it? also, if

it settles naturally or is compressed, how much does the soil compress? from 1m

to 70cm or so?

thanks a lot...

The tractor work is to spread the soil. You will probably need twice this amount to raise the level a meter (640) truck loads. The compaction is usually done by letting the soil set for one year before building.

The tractor work is to spread the soil. You will probably need twice this amount to raise the level a meter (640) truck loads. The compaction is usually done by letting the soil set for one year before building.

i would want to start building a few weeks after raising the soil level, how about using a rammer or roller

machine to compress it?

wow, 600,000 B is alot, but then again 3.6 rai is also alot.

i have a block of 3 rai, but want to raise only the middle

1 rai where the house + garage will be, hence give a little

downslope effect from the middle towards the edges - will

search for more soil tomorrow.

wow, 600,000 B is alot, but then again 3.6 rai is also alot.

i have a block of 3 rai, but want to raise only the middle

1 rai where the house + garage will be, hence give a little

downslope effect from the middle towards the edges - will

search for more soil tomorrow.

Why not start building the foundation, build a wall on it about 1 meter high and a slab on top.

You would be building on soil that is already settled(still using footings or a raft foundation).

Then after it is finished backfill it until the desired height. All in 1 go, or spread over time.

You will not have to wait for the land to settle, you will be sure the foundation will be stronger and less susceptible to sink.

Khun Jean is right....start build directly on the current soil.....and save money on the fill....

In my area we pay 180,000 to 200,000 for 1 rai of soil 1 meter high when compressed by a roller and then it settles 3 months during the rainy season in case you wanna build on the soil.

Edited by olsen

I just paid 150 Baht per truck load outside of Phayao. Luckily for me, they were local and making more rice growing areas, so needed places to dump. No clay, just good sandy type loam or whatever they might call it here. It is dusty though. That price included a tractor to spread it. Footings were dug down past the original ground elevation, so the building is under way now. Go with pier and beam and you don't have to wait for a rainy season to settle it before you start building. I estimated (guesstimated) 768 cubic meters for 44,550 Baht. Good luck. trex

I am just so jealous I can't even stand to read these replies. The last quote I got in Bangkok was 2100 baht per 10 cube truck.

You guys have no idea how lucky you are. It's disgusting. 600,000 baht for 3.6 rai is a bargain. I would jump up and down screaming and whooping for joy if I could get a quotation like that. I would sell my own mother into slavery for 150 baht per truck.

Just venting. Sorry. Ignore my rant.