Lpg Modified Car Repairers.

james.d

Hi all.

My wife had her Honda Civic 1.8 si (year 2000) modified to LPG maybe 18 months ago and recently it has problems starting. Its fine starting / running on gasoline but wont start or run on LPG. Had the pipes cleaned many times and the ''diode'' changed at the garage which carried out the modification. The garage which modified it has closed but didnt want to return it there anyway. My question is does anyone know of a LPG modifying garage whom could repair it and not keep having to return it for cleaning or repairs.

We live in Ramintra area, but would travel further if anyone knows of a reputable (professional) pleace they could reccomend.

Thanks in advance,

James

I don't have an answer or recommendation to your problem unfortunately, just posting to say that: It shouldn't happen to such a new car as yours and it shouldn't refuse to start at all of course, but it is a normal problem with older LPG converted cars. According to a couple taxi drivers I know

Edit: Just saw that it is a 2000 model, if it has 150,000 on the clock or more then difficult to start is what my taxi friends recommend to expect...

Edited by MikeyIdea

Hi,

Yes its got 120,000km on the clock, will keep hoping to find a good qualified LPG mechanic.

Cheers.

I don't have an answer or recommendation to your problem unfortunately, just posting to say that: It shouldn't happen to such a new car as yours and it shouldn't refuse to start at all of course, but it is a normal problem with older LPG converted cars. According to a couple taxi drivers I know

Edit: Just saw that it is a 2000 model, if it has 150,000 on the clock or more then difficult to start is what my taxi friends recommend to expect...