Sight Seeing Recommendations For Bangkok This Weekend

seesip

Taking my visiting sister and brother in law, and kids, around Bangkok on Fri, Sat, Sun. I usually do the aquarium at Siam Paragon (the kids love it). Would like to get outside on Saturday, maybe take a boat ride down the river? Would prefer something kids can be a part of, and nothing too high maintenance. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Why not take a dinner cruise :)

Can you offer any suggestions for where to book a dinner cruise? Sounds interesting.

Loy Nava used to do a great Chao Phraya river cruise, (last time I went was 8 years ago!) There is an internet coupon on their site for 1200 baht per head, half price for kids under 5.

River Cruises sucks since they put russian and chinese tourist on the boats ... I'd go to Little Siam (the park with miniatures of all important Thai buildings)

Poxy TOT :)

New reply much shorter than before.

1/2 day bus, boat river cruise BKK-Ayuthaya-BKK. From River City off Charoen Kreung road.

You'll have to surf and I've never done it. Bus first otherwise bored kids maybe torment on the bus back, maybe

Little Siam/ Ancient City/ Muang Boran (or what ever it is called) is a great day out, especially if you've got kids with you. You can hire bikes to get around or even get a golf buggy if you prefer, don't even think about trying to walk round its massive. There's not huge amount of shade, so it can get a little hot at times, but just head to the (little) floating market over lunchtime, the kids will love feeding the huge catfish there! There's also various animals up in (little) Issan for kids to play with.