Moto Millionaire

The Gentleman Scamp

Around the BTS Thong Lor, Ekkamai area of Sukhumvit rd, there is a motorbike taxi driver who has a brand new Harley Davidson Fatboy.

I used his services for the first time about three weeks ago and was frankly surprised that a motocycle taxi driver would own such a machine, let alone use one for his job.

He has a little orange vest the same as his fellow workers which looks strange as he roars up to pick you up, and he charges the same as your avarage squint eyed moto on his avarage monged up Honda Wave.

Has anyone else spotted or used the services of this one off moto driver?

Maybe he won the lottery but has vowed that it won't change his life. :o

Around the BTS Thong Lor, Ekkamai area of Sukhumvit rd, there is a motorbike taxi driver who has a brand new Harley Davidson Fatboy.

I used his services for the first time about three weeks ago and was frankly surprised that a motocycle taxi driver would own such a machine, let alone use one for his job.

He has a little orange vest the same as his fellow workers which looks strange as he roars up to pick you up, and he charges the same as your avarage squint eyed moto on his avarage monged up Honda Wave.

Has anyone else spotted or used the services of this one off moto driver?

Maybe he won the lottery but has vowed that it won't change his life. :D

I don't know this Harley dude, but I know a taxi garage owner with 4-5 dozen taxis in his employ (for rent) who also drives one of two Accord taxis he has acquired to drive himself.

:o

Are you sure it's really a Harley? Many simply strip off the Honda and whatever name plates on cheap bikes and replace them with BMW, Harley etc. and then add on Harley saddle bags and accesories.

I doubt he would work as a motorcycle taxi driver if he can afford a real Harley.

I'm not convinced that its a real Fatboy. A new one will set you back around 1.1-1.2 million bht.

You can buy off the shelf parts for Honda steeds that make them look like Fatboys. (When you start the engine the games up though)

-you can tell if its a true harley- when you start the engine, the whole thing falls apart with the vibration and all the nuts and bolts fall out :o Edited by andy50

He has a little orange vest the same as his fellow workers which looks strange as he roars up to pick you up

(When you start the engine the games up though)

Right! Nothing else on earth sounds like a Harley! I think just about everyone knows the distinctive engine roar of a Hawg... lovely sound that it is!

How about it Scamp? Was it the real thing?

If it was- I'm going to go looking for him and get a picture! :o

I'm not convinced that its a real Fatboy. A new one will set you back around 1.1-1.2 million bht.

You can buy off the shelf parts for Honda steeds that make them look like Fatboys. (When you start the engine the games up though)

-you can tell if its a true harley- when you start the engine, the whole thing falls apart with the vibration and all the nuts and bolts fall out :o

You obviously know zero about HD. So why would you let us know that you know nothing? The Honda Steed and Yamaha Dragstar might resemble a HD to the average person. They make a good copy. But they are copies.

Can't see spending a millon to make couple hundred a day. Even if you're bored.

-you can tell if its a true harley- when you start the engine, the whole thing falls apart with the vibration and all the nuts and bolts fall out :o

How bloody true! I have a Fatboy and the wife has a 883 Sportster in UK. The Sportster (she paid only £2900 for 4 year old) is reliable but the Fatboy ... what an engineering nightmare - but I love it. I am in UK at the moment and just got back from thrashing my mates new V-Rod - a great machine and seems like a winner on the engineering front but i guess not in the same class as the Triumph Rocket III (2300cc!!!!!!!!!!!)...and 12 grand! (Same as Harley's new V-Rod).

Are you sure it's really a Harley?  Many simply strip off the Honda and whatever name plates on cheap bikes and replace them with BMW, Harley etc. and then add on Harley saddle bags and accesories.

I doubt he would work as a motorcycle taxi driver if he can afford a real Harley.

Seoul is full of knock-off bikes. I once saw a "Handy Davison". :o

cv