My Tiger Retro 110 Cc Has Arrived

kano85

Hi guys,

I've been away for a while but good souls always return. My girlfriend's Tiger Retro has arrived .What is this bike cute and easy to handle.

I was surprised of the powerful 110 cc 4 stroke engine . The birth defects are nicely solved by Tiger and the bike was delivered in time right on my doorstep.the paintwork is perfectly done .

only one minor disadvantage.When i let off the handle bar the bike tacks slightly to the right ,but i had the same on my Yamaha Spark and Honda Wave.when riding don't notice anything.

Honda has disappeared from our driveway. Last but not Least My Thai girlfriend likes the retro more than her Honda .Och nearly forgot to tell you all .The retro rides very good on E20 The boys at the service station dont believe what they hear a retro looking bike on E20 AMAZING THAILAND ....

post-69913-1262963476_thumb.jpg post-69913-1262963516_thumb.jpg

post-69913-1262963560_thumb.jpg post-69913-1262963605_thumb.jpg

post-69913-1262963656_thumb.jpg

keep the rubber down boys

Charlie

Nice looking bike. Please keep us informed on how it runs. I want to add another bike to our stable as the NSR isn't so good on shopping trips. At the moment it's a toss up between the Retro and a Wave but I can't decide!

Congrats - it's a beauty, no doubt!

Will you break it in for your gf, or instruct her?

How about an additional oil change after a few hundred km, when most metal will be in the oil?

How does it compare power-wise to the Wave? A Wave is pretty amazing power wise, so I'm surprised.

Last Q: how many miles have you put on your Tiger Boxer 250 RS?

P.S.: how much is that retro listed for? Photo stealing is easy and common. I doubt Charlie is selling this one... The sale price often idicates a bike's built quality. I wouldn't buy a Platinum for 4,999 Baht :)

Hi

the Retro costs 29800 bht . It can keep up with a Wave but it isnt build for speed its a classic which is very conveneient in traffic and short trips.

I think there is no need for any discussion about this bike. It rides very well and the finishing is better then any cub i ve seen before for this small price. A bicycle back in my country is more expensive.

If anyone wants it buy it or leave it. You wont regret it if buy one

I Did the same i called Pariya when can you sent me one and i transfer the money to your account after 10 days this is the result.

The first oil change will be done at the Motul dealer here cos Motul and Tiger are working together anyway.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Nice scooter! Do you know, if Tiger is selling the Retro Sidecar singlewise or only as a combination with the bike? It would be nice, if it works also on the CX sometimes. But what i really prefere, is what they call a Tuktuk in Cambodia, a trailer behind a Honda Dream. Great! 2 People can sit in it and when it´s disconnect, it´s a normal scooter again. But I guess, it´s illegal in LOS, isn´t it?

Is it a 100% honda cub replica? I mean can you put Honda parts on it? I always worry about these non mainstream bikes and getting parts for them. Its a cheap bike; probably better than buying an original that has been rebuilt?

The thing about owning a motorbike is that they need feeding parts. Thus I would not buy a bike unless its easy to get parts for. Unless when it breaks down you throw it away and buy a new one? Cub parts are easily got and lots of cheap copies. Hence the question.

MaiChai - I do not understand your worry. These Retros are beautiful, of good quality and they come with a warranty. They continue to be made, while the Honda Cub is no longer being made.

Surely, the factory which keeps producing these bikes can supply any part needed? And this type of bike does not fall out of fashion, unlike some weird paint scheme on a scooter, made to appeal to a 13 year old who rides a bMX bicycle.

Can you be more specific about which part you worry about? Plastics, gears, the electric starter motor?

Chris

Bikes are used daily in LOS and they need parts. Guess everyone is different but I like a simple life where I can get parts easily and cheaply (or if you prefer the local bike shop knows the bike and can easily fix it). I don't want to be negative; its a nice bike and I admire Tiger for trying to make it in Thailand, but Thailand is a bit of an odd market in terms of bikes; basically the Thais stick with the main japanese brands and its very difficult for new commers to get into the market (Vietnam on the other hand is very different to this). Thus sourcing parts becomes difficult. Each to there own. So I will shut up now! Enjoy the new bike :)

I don't mean to take anything away from Tiger as from what I have read they are doing a fine job and have customer service second to none. However, taking MaiChai's point, if I am riding up country on a Wave and it breaks down such that the only way to fix it is to replace a certain part, I could go into just about any small repair shop and get what I needed. Would that be the case for a Tiger (unless parts are interchangeable with the more common brands). I don't think so. Having a warranty is great but if I am riding between A and B, I do not have time to wait for a week or so for the part to arrive from Tiger. I need an instant fix so I can continue on my journey to B.

Having said that I am waiting for the XRoad to hit the market as I am interested in buying one, readily available parts or not.

Hi I wouldn't bother about spare parts everything is produced in BKK . spare parts are easily available . a rebuilt honda cub costs about 45000 b for a good one . no electric start and less cc . Why worry .Dont forget that many spare parts used by tiger are also used in honda yamaha,or kawasaki.

For instance.

2 days ago the engine stuttered a bit i told pariya that the carbu wasnt working well . The day after pariya called back at 1 o'clock that a service team will come within 2 hours with a complete new mikuni carbu same as on Yamaha and ka wasaki. after 5 mins the bike was fixed . I watched the mecanics the RETRO is so simply build there cant be anything wrong with it.

Mikuni is a Japanese brand sometimes it fails too .this case hasn't anything to do with tiger qlty but they handled it very fast .And Tiger can put mikuni under pressure to improve there qlty

Pity the retro is too small for me or i would commute with it daily

charlie

What I would like to see in Thailand is Thais buying other brand bikes rather than the main japanese brands. If you go to Vietnam, you will see many different brands, and lots of bikes of each brand. Its changing the mindset of the Thais; is really is herd mentality without being able to evaluate things for yourself and making a good judgement on something. So we end up seeing lots of the same bike: Finos, Mios, Waves, etc. Sometimes you just want something different, but with good backup in terms of dealership, service and parts.

Getting back on topic I think this is a good bike and Tiger is building themselves a good, but unfortunatly niche reputation.

Yes Mai chai i totally agree I always admire jap qlty but i simply never like there bikes all the bikes you named arent bikes in my eyes there are rather toys.

that was the main reason i bought my boxer and still happy i did so it never failed in 35000 km. The bike is different thats what i like most. Japs ake high rev machines simply not my style .

Today i past a Yamaaha nouvo i think the bike was making a hel_l of a noise there was something seriously wrong fixing was needed Thais continue to ride it ,When it fails they 'll probably blame Yamaha . Thats how it goes here TIT .

Charlie

• 5 weeks later...

I have just ordered a Retro with sidecar, will pick it up in app. 12 days time, 49500 bath. (can hardly wait :) )

This will not just be a toy for us as my wife will use it for shopping with our 4 month old son on board.

Anybody got the sidecar model? if yes whats the verdict?

• 4 months later...

Has anyone got an answer to the question that was asked some months ago :

Is the Sidecar available as a separate unit ?

Yes it is, 19900 thb , but be advised wherever you mount this sidecar will not be a legal setup. Only Retro(or another Tiger Bike) w/sidecar on initial registration is 100% legal - if you want to add a sidecar to a retro later it is not possible to have it legal.

hope that helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

We love our little Retro :wub:

040910TigerRetro7Sm.jpg

It's had a couple of mechanical issues but Tiger send their technicians to sort it out very quickly. They come to you- you don't have to go to them- LOVE that!

BTW, apparently the Retro with sidecar tastes good too :lol:

040910TigerRetro8Sm.jpg

At a cost of only 50000 Baht and with a 2 year warranty what's not to love about this cheap little head turner.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Just wanted to correct that the Retro and all other Tiger Bikes have since '09 (or '08 i forgot which one:huh:) a 3 years or 30000 km warranty ( whatever comes first) .

When you make another Photo with this driver on the Retro can you tell her to look towards the camera and smile :-) ?

I might get one myself but need to clear up the parking a bit first...

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

We had the Retro W/side car for app. 3-4 month now and hardly uses it anymore, the brakes are simply to weak to stop the rig fast enough. I take it for a spin every 2 weeks or so, my wife uses it for mega shopping when I am overseas working for 2 months at a time. I think when she gets a drivers license for car, the rig will be sold as we has a car already.

It is a bit sad really, if just the 2 rear brakes was powerful enough to lock the rear wheels (loaded) it would be fine, but this is clearly not the case.

We had the Retro W/side car for app. 3-4 month now and hardly uses it anymore, the brakes are simply to weak to stop the rig fast enough. I take it for a spin every 2 weeks or so, my wife uses it for mega shopping when I am overseas working for 2 months at a time. I think when she gets a drivers license for car, the rig will be sold as we has a car already.

It is a bit sad really, if just the 2 rear brakes was powerful enough to lock the rear wheels (loaded) it would be fine, but this is clearly not the case.

Interesting... I'm able to lock the rear wheels on our Retro w/ sidecar pretty easily... Perhaps you need to have your brakes checked as it sounds like they're not working properly... The front brake is terrible IMO so I only use the rear. Happy Trails! Tony

Tony i too think that guzzi's rear brakes may need a review. But it also depends how much is loaded really including drivers & pillion weight.

I think best way to brake is to use both front and rearbrake. the frontbrake is a bit weak and even if the retro is driven without sidecar it has no great braking power. I drove the retro without sidecar around for a few hundred km's and it ain't so bad but again a combination of fron & rear braking is best.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Tony i too think that guzzi's rear brakes may need a review. But it also depends how much is loaded really including drivers & pillion weight.

I think best way to brake is to use both front and rearbrake. the frontbrake is a bit weak and even if the retro is driven without sidecar it has no great braking power. I drove the retro without sidecar around for a few hundred km's and it ain't so bad but again a combination of fron & rear braking is best.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Or just change out the front forks for some with a disc. I'm pretty sure they are the same length and diameter as Honda etc