Dual Monitor Stand In Chiang Mai?

mallmagician

Hi There,

Anyone know where you can buy a dual monitor stand in Chiang Mai?

Preferably one that bolts onto a desk, but a free standing would suffice.

They can cost more than the monitor, so I'd love to find one cheap somewhere.

How hard can they be to make, surely they're not worth $100 +?

Thanks

Phil

What special features does a dual monitor stand have?

I've been using two 19 inch widescreens for years with each on its own stand and it seems to work fine. Whilst trying to align them in one plane looks smarter, you don't get the optimum viewing angle so in practice having them both tilted up and inwards slightly is by far the best solution.

Edited by Greenside

Essentially, if its a bolt on one, it frees up a lot of desk space, and looks neater.

With a dual monitor desk stand, it frees up a lot less space, but at the right price is better than nothing.

Both types of stands typically allow you to adjust angles independently, so thats not so much a problem.

Spotted them anywhere?

Phil

I bought a cheap desk in that furniture area of Lamphun. It has an elevated area off to one side at the back where I put my external monitor and my laptop just goes in the centre of the desk to the other side. Works well for me and didn't cost much at all. I can take a picture of it if you'd like to see if this is what your looking for.

Give some thought to just what you'd like, design-wise, and take it to a metal shop. There must be one withing five minutes of you. (There seems to be a metal fabrication shop within 5 minutes of EVERYWHERE in the Chiang Mai area.) I had one make up a free standing 'chin-up' bar for me. Cost less than a small table at Big C, and took two days to get it!

Just be sure that you include very specific details that are important to you. They can make anything you want.