Pattaya Police Officer Dies In Devastating Car Accident

Rimmer

Norng Jab Tao police Senior Sergeant Major Thorngsuk Jupamudtuang has been found dead as a result of a devastating high speed car accident on the Sukhumvit Road, Jomtien.

Pattaya, the 10th of January 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 3:00am, Police Lieutenant Colonel Phonlaklit Khamsathian (Jomtien Police Investigator) received a report of a fatal car accident occurring at the 156km mark on the Sukhumvit Road, Jomtien. Lt. Col. Khamsathian and a team of police along with rescue officers from the Sawang Boriboon Foundation rushed to the scene.

At the scene – opposite the Baan Ampher Trading Company – police found the remains of a severely damaged Bronze Honda Accord (Udon Ratchathani registration) lying on the central traffic island. In the vicinity of the crashed vehicle was the deceased body of Police Senior Sergeant Major Thorngsuk Jupamudtuang. Rescuers were able to determine that Snr. Sgt. Major Jupamudtuang had suffered a broken neck and fractured skull as a result of the collision, his body was immediately sent to the Sattahip Hospital for autopsy to determine the actual cause of death.

Police interrogated the security guard, Mr. Wichian Chaleephol [60] who was on duty at the Baan Ampher Trading Company; he explained that he had witnessed the officer’s vehicle driving at high speed along the Sukhumvit Road, travelling in the direction of Sattahip. As the vehicle passed the Baan Ampher trading company Mr. Chaleephol explained the car appeared to lose traction before colliding with the electricity pylon in the center of the traffic island, subsequently rolling several times. Mr. Chaleephol explained that he witnessed the driver being thrown from the vehicle, proceeding to call the police immediately.

Police investigations seem to indicate that the unfortunate accident was caused by the driver falling asleep at the wheel. After the autopsy is performed the body will be taken to the Norng Jab Tao temple for funeral proceedings.

www.pattayadailynews.com

2010 01 10

Not much one can say about that to be honest.On duty or off duty,he was driving very fast by all accounts,but no one deserves to die like this

I have my own suspicions of how this accident occured, but as I did not witness it nor have any evidence I will keep them to myself, and have respect for the police officer and his family. R.I.P.

My condolences to the family and his fellow officers.

I was with a friend years ago who started nodding off on a long road trip. As he nodded off, he depressed the accelerator so we started to speed up quickly. Fortunately, I noticed and poked him. It doesn't make sense, but it does happen.

My condolences to the family and his fellow officers.

I was with a friend years ago who started nodding off on a long road trip. As he nodded off, he depressed the accelerator so we started to speed up quickly. Fortunately, I noticed and poked him. It doesn't make sense, but it does happen.

i susspect those, from the above report, he wasnt wereing his seat belt.....

Where is Udon Ratchathani????

It's far away from Jomtien.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubon_Ratchathani_Province

My thought is that Briggsy was asking a rhetorical question, as there is no such place as Udon Ratchatani in Thailand.

The "journalist" has most likely misspelled Ubon Ratchatani, if the car was registered in Udon Thani then he's quite a bit more off…

My thought is that Briggsy was asking a rhetorical question, as there is no such place as Udon Ratchatani in Thailand.

The "journalist" has most likely misspelled Ubon Ratchatani, if the car was registered in Udon Thani then he's quite a bit more off…

Oh, is there not?

Ubon Ratchathani (often in short Ubon, Thai: อุบลราชธานี) is one of the north-eastern provinces (changwat) of Thailand, and the country's easternmost. Ubon is about 600 km away from Bangkok. Neighboring Provinces are (from west clockwise) Sisaket, Yasothon and Amnat Charoen. To the north and east it borders Salavan and Champasak of Laos, to the south Preah Vihear of Cambodia.

Oh, is there not?

Ubon Ratchathani (often in short Ubon, Thai: อุบลราชธานี) is one of the north-eastern provinces (changwat) of Thailand, and the country's easternmost. Ubon is about 600 km away from Bangkok. Neighboring Provinces are (from west clockwise) Sisaket, Yasothon and Amnat Charoen. To the north and east it borders Salavan and Champasak of Laos, to the south Preah Vihear of Cambodia.

Yes you're correct in what you're writing about Ubon Ratchatani, no one has questioned that.

However, read the article, "Bronze Honda Accord (Udon Ratchathani registration)"

Alas,

Ubon Ratchatani exists but Udon Ratchatani does not.