Iphone 3gs

onnut

Is there anyone using 3G with the iPhone 3Gs yet? What's it like and what is the cost. I'm in Bangkok and just wondering if it's worth getting a new number with true so I can use 3G.

My other phone has a true number, would it be possible to call true and have 3G added do you think?

Thanks

I don't think its worth it JUST to get the use of 3g, there is very limited 3g networks in Bangkok and no where outside Bangkok unless I'm mistaken. From what I heard you can only use 3g in certain places like specific malls etc..

yes used it for awhile and its working great where there is coverage( most of central bkk, sathorn silom siam-asoke not tested it much further down sukhomvit)

up to 2mbit speeds. iam paying alittle over 600 or something for unlimited use including their wifi hotspots(wich suck ive never found it usable)

3g is that extensive? Hmmm... I figured it was just a few places but if most of central Bkk is 3g thats not bad for my uses. But don't think I'll upgrade my 2g iphone until the new model comes out sporting the 5mp camera.

Thanks for the replies guys, I changed number in the end and went from DTAC to True, I work in silom and the 3g is good. The package is also better than my last one meaning cheaper calls to the UK and SMS MMS are cheap to send also.

I wish 3g was more widespread though, and didn't drain the battery so fast.

• 4 weeks later...