Wife’s passport

Signed copy of wife’s passport

Bank letter

Savings book

Signed copy of savings book

ATM receipt

Signed map of address

Photos of house/wedding

This is a comprehensive list I have drawn up after scavaging thaivisa.com over the years!! Take everything with you and produce what is only asked for!

Non-Imm O extension based on marriage with a Thai National

List of documents for extension Thai spouse visa

Note: 2 copies of each itm are required.

Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

Copy of passport ( with certified true copy )

Required documentation for applying visa in case of

For supporting Thai wife

Marriage Certificate

Child's birth certificate (if any)

Wife’s house registration

Wife’s identity card

Incase of Working

A copy of work permit or receiving work permit form ( WP.2 )

The letter from the applicant’s company to certify salary that the applicant receives not less than 40,000 baht per month (identifier position and salary) or husband or wife working has Income including at least 40,000 baht/month

Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

Recording interviewing the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

House’s map

Other such as Registration Company

Picture of house and family

To be supported from Thai husband

Marriage certificate

Child’s Birth certificate

Husband’s house registration

Husband’s identity card

Recording interviewing the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

House’s map, picture of House’s and family

Application for further stay for non-Thai wife to receive the support from a husband who is a Thai citizen or a Thai permanent resident of the Kingdom of Thailand.

The husband who has Thai nationality

Immigration form 7 (Tor Mor 7)

A copy of passport

A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph

1,900 baht application fee

A Marriage Certificate

A copy of Census Registration, a copy of Identification Card

Birth Certificate of the applicant's children (if any)

A record of interviewing the applicant and her husband

Applicant must accompany her husband to the Immigration Bureau office to certify of all the documents. The couple will be able to confirm that they are still husband and wife.

The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary.

The husband who is a permanent resident in the Kingdom of Thailand

Immigration form 7 (Tor Mor 7)

A copy of passport

A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph

1,900 baht application fee

Marriage Certificate

A certified copy of the husband's passport, a non-Thai Identification Card of the husband, permanent Residence Certificate of the husband

Birth Certificate of the applicant's children (if any)

A record of the interview of the applicant and her husband

Applicant must accompany her husband to the Immigration Bureau office to certify of all the documents. The couple will be able to confirm that they are still husband and wife.

Evidence of husband's income together with related documents such as: -

Bank pass-book

Bank Statement from the Bank where the applicant has an account

Evidence of employment and income

Evidence of income tax payment (if any)

The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary.

Edited by bellste

During my last interview, the immigration officer told me that allthough all my paperwork was in order, including my financial stuff, that they would be changing the financial requirements in the near future, and that with my current application as it was, it wouldn't meet approval. He would not say what the changes would be, but I have documentation claiming more than 90,000 per month fom overseas.

Just a heads up....

During my last interview, the immigration officer told me that allthough all my paperwork was in order, including my financial stuff, that they would be changing the financial requirements in the near future, and that with my current application as it was, it wouldn't meet approval. He would not say what the changes would be, but I have documentation claiming more than 90,000 per month fom overseas.

Just a heads up....

Is that true?! If so, do you have any idea what the new yearly rate might be?

Just a heads up....

Is that true?! If so, do you have any idea what the new yearly rate might be?

This is mostly a bump, but I just read, on another board, hearsay that suggested the requirement will be lowered in 2010, to 250,000 baht in bank. Is this possible? More encouraging, but I wish we could get a definite answer. Anyone, please?

I'm I correct in thinking that a marriage visa cannot be obtained from outside of Thailand?

A Non O Visa based on being married to a Thai national is obtained from a Thai Consulate outside of Thailand.

A 12 month extension of stay based on being married to a Thai national is obtained from Immigration in Thailand.

There is no "Marriage Visa".

There is no such thing as a marriage visa.

You can obtain a one year extension of stay if you are married to a Thai from Immigration inside Thailand. If you are husband the requirement is 400k in Thai bank account for 2 months or income of 40k per month.

A non immigrant O visa (other) can be issued for a person married to a Thai and that would be from a Consulate outside Thailand and allows a stay of 90 days. They are also available valid for one year of such stays.

You can obtain a one year extension of stay if you are married to a Thai from Immigration inside Thailand. If you are husband the requirement is 400k in Thai bank account for 2 months or income of 40k per month.

A non immigrant O visa (other) can be issued for a person married to a Thai and that would be from a Consulate outside Thailand and allows a stay of 90 days. They are also available valid for one year of such stays.

there is such a thing called married visa i am in the process of getting one in Pattaya

Visas are issued by Consulates. The only thing Immigration can issue is a generic non immigrant 90 day entry as a conversion or from a visa exempt stamp in the process of a one year extension of stay.

If you are talking about the TM.7 one year extension of stay that is not a visa - as written it is an extension of your current stay.

there is such a thing called married visa i am in the process of getting one in Pattaya

You must be unique then. Visas can only be obtained from outside Thailand and as there is no such thing as a married visa anyway, you must be double unique!

Please let us know how you get on :)

i was today at laem ngop immigration to ask what exactly i will need to do my first one year extension based on marriage.

beside all the paper work mentioned in this tread i was ask to bring a friend or neighbor with me include a copy of his tabien ban and a signed id card copy. they said they will interwiew him as well as my wife.

has anyone heard of this before? i was not expecting such a request.

not that i dont have neighbors, but it could be maybe difficult to bring them with me as everybody is working during high season here on koh chang.

Applied for extension based on marriage last week.

Immigration required TWO witnesses and interviewed (interrogated) both for about 30 minutes each. Required copies of their home books and ID cards as well.

Hi - as i may be in this situation later in the year - well i hope to be - any idea re the 'interrogation'. Trying to be prepared for surprises, what qualifies as a 'witness'. Thanks for all this info, very useful to us.