Calculation Of Daily Pay Rate

Hi, does anyone know what is the formula that is accepted in Thailand for calculating a daily pay rate for a monthly-wage person? Is it fixed at 30 days (as I am told by some people) or does it change based on the number of days of the month?

I also could never figure that one out. Everybody has a different opinion.

In our company we use 4 weeks per month and 6 days per week = 24 days/month

But I guess most companies here use 30days per month for calculation.

opalhort

Thais work 6 day work weeks

So that would be 48 hours (8 hours per day) to 60 (10 hours per day) hours per week X 4 weeks

192 to 240 man hours per month

If they are on a straight salary it does not matter the number of days or the hours

Some thais get a fixed amount every month no matter how much or how little they work

All of our employees are on a monthly salary

In our case it benefits the employees because we usually only end up working 120 hours max per month but they are paid for the 240

I always figure it on a yearly basis. So if someone earns 20,000 Baht per month, their yearly income is 240,000 Baht. Assuming a 40 hour work week, the hourly rate would be 240,000/(40 x 52) = 115 Baht/hour.

Edit: I should also add that I specify both the monthly salary and the equivalent hourly rate in the employment contract.

Edited by Deke

Multiply by 12 to get the yearly rate and then divide by the number of days the person works in a year* (including holidays as work days) to get the day rate and by the number of hours the employee works in a year* (standard working day) to get the hourly rate.

*Be aware that in some countries the Labour Law states that if an employee has worked 6 days in a week and has 1 day a week off then they should be paid also for that 1 day. (or works 5 days they should be paid for a 6th day)

Some companies use this to 'cheat' the employee on the daily rate and hourly rate.

Edited by PattayaParent