Farang Shot And Killed In C.m.

elektrified

Another case of road rage in Roi Et in Esan on Monday 15/03/10, although this time a more favourable outcome for the farang.

A 56 year old Dutch expat on the way to the bank on his motorcycle got into an altercation with 2 Thais in a pick-up truck. One got out and shot at him twice, but fortunately for the farang, missed. The Dutchman proceeded to knock the gunman unconscious with his crash helmet. The passenger, pulled his friend's body back into the truck and they made their escape. Police are still investigating.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/70972

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread was about a Farang being shot dead in a road rage incident. The current thread is about a Farang being shot at in a road rage incident.

Is that too off topic for you?

The latest shooting is in Isan.... what's that got to do with Chiang Mai????

The thread was about a Farang being shot dead in a road rage incident. The current thread is about a Farang being shot at in a road rage incident.

Erm.perhaps it's because it's in Thailand?? :)

Why be so anal about it; it's perfectly apt for this thread and the more coverage the better. The moral being, don't [over]react to the crap driving here.

[quote

What I found most appalling was the driving – such a polite people on the surface turn into reckless sociopaths behind the wheel. Give them a little power and anonymity and watch 'em rage.

so true... they dont give a sh1t about anyone when they get behind the wheel - easily the worst I've seen - all sense of Buddhism and politeness goes out of the window - try turning at a junction - they just will not let you out - Thai's polite? don't think so when behind the wheel

Lots of bickering in this thread. Ordinarily: laughable. In the context of this thead: horrible, and depressing.

RIP German guy

I've certainly curbed my mild aggression on the roads after reading this.

Yea me too... frightening - whatever happened he did not deserve a terminal end to a probable small infraction - hope the Thai goes to jail for life and get's his just 'reward' next in life.

I often get annoyed with Thai driving - well lack of grange jai mostly - but i will think twice too... jeeze

RIP

Mods / Admin..... why is this thread still open? Most of the posts have nothing to do with the OP....

Don't be a dildo - anything related to farangs being shot or shot at affects us all regardless of where we live and the more we know about the circumstances the better. There are lots of food and other threads related to Chiang Mai only that you can look at if it bothers you that much

Does it REALLY bother you that much?

Mods / Admin..... why is this thread still open? Most of the posts have nothing to do with the OP....

Don't be a dildo - anything related to farangs being shot or shot at affects us all regardless of where we live and the more we know about the circumstances the better. There are lots of food and other threads related to Chiang Mai only that you can look at if it bothers you that much

be fair dude - this is the Chiang Mai forum...

True, but some topics are very important and if they happen to deviate away from Chiang Mai but remain relevant (I think shooting farang's is relevant), then what's the harm in letting them run a while - there's obviously a lot of interest?

I can't understand why it would bother someone to the point they ask for it to be closed?

True, but some topics are very important and if they happen to deviate away from Chiang Mai but remain relevant (I think shooting farang's is relevant), then what's the harm in letting them run a while - there's obviously a lot of interest?

I can't understand why it would bother someone to the point they ask for it to be closed?

Anyway... tragic and devestating for his family - he probably saved and worked to be able to live here - not die here... wasteful and stupid to die at some non-descript traffic light in a distant country away from home and family - and for what? so some selfish Thai saves face or something like that - RIP

Spot On

Hellooo...Farang shooting CM, Farang shooting Isan

Spot the connection

Or keep them in separate forums so only a few people know, then it don't seem so bad

:)

I don't understand how so many of you can live here with your contempt for Thais. And then you get upset when some of them express the same contempt for foreigners who disrespect their customs?

I spend about 20-25 hours a week on the roads, but few of them at night. imho, Thailand has much less road rage than the west.

Try googling "road rage shooting". You'll get hundreds of incidents in the US, including at least one by an off-duty NYC police officer and one where a 69 year old woman and her 4 year old granddaughter were the victims. I'm sure Europe isn't much different.

My praise to the Thai police.

My condolences to the victims family.

Disrespect their customs?. You mean like cowardly murdering a westener with two gun shots in the back...Great custom!!! Amazing Thailand...yeah right.

I don't understand how so many of you can live here with your contempt for Thais. And then you get upset when some of them express the same contempt for foreigners who disrespect their customs?

I spend about 20-25 hours a week on the roads, but few of them at night. imho, Thailand has much less road rage than the west.

Try googling "road rage shooting". You'll get hundreds of incidents in the US, including at least one by an off-duty NYC police officer and one where a 69 year old woman and her 4 year old granddaughter were the victims. I'm sure Europe isn't much different.

Disrespect their customs?. You mean like cowardly murdering a westener with two gun shots in the back...Great custom!!! Amazing Thailand...yeah right.

here we go

Well now that we have the thread open...... any update on what is going on with the shooter..... last report I remember that the p olice had him...... is he still in jail of did he get 30 days or what is the update..... anybody know ???

Edited by Gonzo the Face

here we go

Fair point though... shooting a biker isnt exactly an excuse for killing him for 'disrespecting their customs' now is it? I mean half of us (probably all of us) would be dead by now