Star Trek Online

namoo

I'm in the open beta, but as it opened over night last night and i am at work today i havent been able to do anything other than create a character.

Once the NDA is lifted, and ive had chance to play it, i will write up a review for you guys

I caved and just bought the deluxe version from Steam

DL'ing the beta right now. Steam still validates to matches credit card country against ip address so you need a Thai credit card

Am a HUGE Star Trek Fan so looking forward to this playing this

I gave Eve a go a few years back but found it just too complex and time consuming.. I generally only have a hour or so playing time once the kids are off to bed so a more light and more casual MMORPG that Star Trek Online is supposed to be sounds great to me

Was getting bored of all the orc/elf/dwarf fantasy ones

Edited by Ian_B

I caved and just bought the deluxe version from Steam

DL'ing the beta right now. Steam still validates to matches credit card country against ip address so you need a Thai credit card

Am a HUGE Star Trek Fan so looking forward to this playing this

I gave Eve a go a few years back but found it just too complex and time consuming.. I generally only have a hour or so playing time once the kids are off to bed so a more light and more casual MMORPG that Star Trek Online is supposed to be sounds great to me

Was getting bored of all the orc/elf/dwarf fantasy ones

I have played it a fair amount now. Its ok. It just does not feel like ST to me. Not that its a bad game. I feel the starship experience ain't so great and they should have modelled it around actually being in the bridge rather than 3rd person external view. I'll give it a few more days - Hard to say whether it will be an huge hit or a huge flop......

Loading screens....They couldn't squeeze more in if they tried.

• 1 month later...

I have a lifetimbe sub for Star Trek Online. But I didn't know that I'll be in thailand very soon so if anyone is interested to take it over from me, send me a message :) Otherwise I'll wait to have a computer & internet to play with it :D