30 Year Lease...

Group,

I am just in the process of purchasing a small home up here in Issan... I want to put in place a 30 year Lease for myself to keep my lady's family from evicting me if something happens to her... Does anyone have a copy of one that they could share, e-mail to me as an example, or know where I could find one in both Thai and English??? Or should I invest the money with a local lawyer and hope that the translations are good???

Pianoman

Group,

I am just in the process of purchasing a small home up here in Issan...  I want to put in place a 30 year Lease for myself to keep my lady's family from evicting me if something happens to her...  Does anyone have a copy of one that they could share, e-mail to me as an example, or know where I could find one in both Thai and English???    Or should I invest the money with a local lawyer and hope that the translations are good???

Pianoman

I really think you need to have a lawyer draft your contract and go with you to register it. All conditions are what you agree with your wife.

You will have to pay to register it and of course the lawyer's fee which should not be more than 10-25k

Good luck

you can buy a book of 50 lease forms from the stationary shop, you just have to fill in the bits like address and names and that sort of stuff, i think its 100baht for 50 forms, obviously if its over 3 years it has to be registered and the landowner has to pay tax on the income.