What Time?

I will be accompanying the future wife when we go to the UK Embassy to submit her application next week.

It says that they are open for personal applications from 7.30am...

BUT...

Can anyone tell me what time would be good to get there to avoid huge ques and actually get seen? Does it get rediculously busy at times or on average is it a fairly steady flow of people.

Any more info like where to go would be of help.

Thanks

Went about 3 weeks ago. We got there at 6 we was still about 20-30 down the que.

By 6.30 the que was BIG.

In my opinion get there for about 5.45. you will be in and out in no time.

PS it's still very hot that time in the morning there, maybe take a drink!!!

I will just take my tent and pitch out for the night... even better, Im having a party at the UK Embassy next week, starts at 2am (after Hollywoods closes) all are welcome, ECO's are more than welcome, drinks are on the house!!!

:-)

That would be a laugh wouldnt it, dont think it would go down too well though. Maybe I will have a rethink on that one...

So an early night will be in order... like thats gonna happen too !!!

I have to agree with you, I dont relish the idea of sitting it out at early hours but having never been I can only imagine that it would be a longer wait later on.

I had to go to the Aussie Immigration in Sydney for my visa once and got there lateish, I was there a VERY long time... and thats in a Westernised country.

All I can say is that I will let you know as I will undoubtedly still be there til 10.45 knowing my luck...

It used to be the case that you would be seen but you may have had to wait 2-3 hours. Then the visa section decided that they were staffed to see only the first 70 personal callers per day, so in theory if you arrive at 10:45 and are the 70th or less caller that day, you will be seen. The problem is that in order to ensure they are within the 1st 70, people start queueing at ridiculous times of the morning, so by 07:30, generally speaking, there are 70 or more people waiting already.

Scouse.

70 people, oh dear. Its so pathetic isn't it !

Can appointments be made to apply for visas etc? I hope I don't have to queue at 5 am to get my UK passport renewal.

By the way: guess how much they were offering in pay for the Farang Administration Manager (i.e they wanted a Brit for the job), advertised in the Bangkok Post.

THB30,000 per month.

It was offered to some friend of an employee. He accepted initially, then was absolutely disgusted by the wages on offer!

No, no appointments - they're only for interviews. However, you can either lodge your application by post or, if you meet the criteria, put it in the drop box at the embassy.

When you renew your passport you should be OK as that has nothing to do with the visa section and is considerably more civilised. I believe the consular section opens at 08:00.

Scouse.