Some Information Please

lorddaverichards

Hello

Have been in Bangkok ( Chaengwattana, Don Meung Laksi area ) for a couple of years found myself a work weekends teaching at a language school and some private classes during the week, am now looking to start playing golf again

Whilst in the UK i was never great 20-24 handicap but enjoyed the game. My questions to you all is

A) I want to play once a week -Mon-Friday ( NOT weekends and was wandering which is the best course in OP opinion around this area ( see above ) whats the costs? is it better to rent clubs? what costs? for a few times until i get into the swing of things and then purchase.

:) Do people play at these course regularly in the week are there any societies playing that I could join.

C) As I dont have transport of my own thats why I am only interested in a small catchment area.

d) I am not interested in becoming a member of a country club ( 1. cant afford it and have to justify costs to the missus ) just want a day when i can relax and enjoy a nice game with other people and it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg

E) I have looked at the Thai golf site but no real help to a newbie ( I think )

F) Does anyone use the Sports city driving range ? thats is about a mile from my condo and looks good to me to get back into swinging a club hitting balls again before I tackle a course.

Many thanks and any sensible suggestions would be appreciated

dave

Edited by lorddaverichards

In your area of town you have Muang Ake and Muang Ake Vista. They would be ideal for you as they aren't too difficult to play and they are generally easy to walk on and get a tee off time. They are both near Rangsit University on Pahonyothin 87. If you play the Vista between Mon - Fri the green fee is 600 baht and 230 caddy fee before midday. It also has night golf but it is a bit more expensive as you'll have to pay a surcharge for the floodlights. The other Muang Ake course has a sport's day on Monday with cheap green fees. The Vista doesn't have a driving range but Muang Ake does while renting clubs is generally about 500 Baht per time.

As mentioned Muang Ake and Muang Ake Vista are the best for you. You will often find falangs playing there particually Muang Ake. Taxi will cost you around 100 Baht each way from your area. Muang Ake will cost you around 1000 Baht including caddy tip. There are plenty of golf shops east of the golf course enterance that sell golf equipment. I am sure you will pick up a second hand set cheaply if you haggle with them.