Driving To Kanchanaburi From Central Bangkok

ashacat

Hi,

I am driving to Kanchanaburi this afternoon from the Emporium area. I have never driven the trip myself before and am unsure of the best route. My friend said to take the Chaloem Mahanakorn Expressway towards Dao Kanong then switch to the SriRat Expressway towards Chaeng Wattana. After this aparrently I have a few choices but I think that the best would be to get off at Yomarat then head down Rachadamnoen, cross over Pinklao bridge then keep going.....

Is this the best route, does anyone know a simlier/faster way?

Many Thanks,

Cat.

You have several different options, including the one suggested by your friend. But if you go in the direction of Dao Kanong via Chaloerm Mahanakorn expressway, you could also cross the river on the Rama IX bridge and get out of Bangkok faster. Or if you wish to cross the river on Pink Lao bridge, you could also go via Phetchaburi (but beware of traffic jam!) and then Boroomaratchathonani (forgive my spelling) expressway.

Personally I like to get out of Bangkok as quickly as possible, so I'd rather take the Chaloerm Mahanakorn expressway (from the Emporium go to Sukhumvit soi 40 then left on Rama IV then right towards the expressway entrance) but then I would go all the way to Dao Kanong and Rama IX bridge. Then Rama II road, then north on Kanchanaphisek at the Ban Khae junction, then Phetkasem all the way to the junction with road 323. But I'm not sure it's the best solution, maybe it's just because I'm familiar with these roads.

Thanks for the suggestion, that definately looks like the best way to get get out of BKK without getting stuck in town. The way I suggested maybe shorter, but yours sounds far easier (which is always good!!).

Cheers.

• 1 year later...