Is It Hot?

Jai Dee

Is it just me, or is everyone else feeling the heat this year? :o

This year it seems to be hotter than any of the past 3 years.

For example, last night... upstairs... air con in the bedroom been running for 2 hours already... down to a comfortable 28 degrees... no problems. :D

Downstairs... 10:00 PM... no air con... 33 degrees and sticky as h3ll.

During the day, in the office... air con running flat chat... 26 degrees inside, 38 degrees outside, and after lunchtime its about 40 something outside. :D

Is it just me, or is this year just <deleted> hot? :D

It's too hot to do much of anything....

Every day I wake up thinking I'm going to work in the garden a bit, or maybe do one of many pending home improvement projects. But, by the time breakfast is finished it's just to ###### hot to do anything that involves actual motion, or thought any deeper than that required to participate in TV.

The fan hums away, I do almost nothing but wait for dusk, cooler temperatures and my nightly trek out for a sack full of cold Chang and another full of even colder ice.

:o

It's too hot to do much of anything....

Every day I wake up thinking I'm going to work in the garden a bit, or maybe do one of many pending home improvement projects. But, by the time breakfast is finished it's just to ###### hot to do anything that involves actual motion, or thought any deeper than that required to participate in TV.

The fan hums away, I do almost nothing but wait for dusk, cooler temperatures and my nightly trek out for a sack full of cold Chang and another full of even colder ice.

:o

Yea it's hot. Not sure if it's any hotter than "normal", but it sure as he11 is hot.

But still bearable if sitting outside at the Pasinee with a cold beer watching the school nurses walk by....aye Mike. :D

It does seem hotter than past years in Phuket, but not long now for my favourite part of the year - the wet season is coming! :D

less motorbike traffic, less holiday makers, people selling up cheap :o and just an easier time of the year. :D

I had a spa installed and purchased a TV on wheels for just this occassion. Next I need to install a bar fridge within reach of the spa as the wife keeps on complaining about having to get me a new beer every 10 minutes :o

I do not know what she is complaining about though as she will still have to pour the beer into the glass for me so... :D:D

But yes, she keeps telling me it is hot :D

I had a spa installed and purchased a TV on wheels for just this occassion. Next I need to install a bar fridge within reach of the spa as the wife keeps on complaining about having to get me a new beer every 10 minutes  :o

I do not know what she is complaining about though as she will still have to pour the beer into the glass for me so...  :D  :D

But yes, she keeps telling me it is hot  :D

Great idea!!!

But where do you empty your bladder Tukyleith? :D

I had a spa installed and purchased a TV on wheels for just this occassion. Next I need to install a bar fridge within reach of the spa as the wife keeps on complaining about having to get me a new beer every 10 minutes  :o

I do not know what she is complaining about though as she will still have to pour the beer into the glass for me so...  :D  :D

Great idea!!!

But where do you empty your bladder Tukyleith? :D

There is one in every crowd :D

:D

hint: what goes out, must go back in, hence I never leave a bottle empty for more than 30 minutes :D

Sure is hot JD. Was walking around today at 11am and fukc it was hot. Glad to get home and cool down. As its so hot. I 'll have to go and drink many cold beers later. :D  :o

2.00pm Chiang Mai 102f cant get within cooee of the major shopping centres for people trying to find a cooler spot.

I have an exterior thermometer on my balcony (in a shady place), and it is reading 41.5 C right now in Lad Prao, BKK. Highest I have ever seen.

Previous highest was 40 C during Songkran last year.

Seems like a good day to stay inside and read the forum! :o

Edited by bino

I have an exterior thermometer on my balcony (in a shady place), and it is reading 41.5 C right now in Lad Prao, BKK. Highest I have ever seen.

Seems like a good day to stay inside and read the forum!    :o

That is hot!

I once experienced 46C in Israel, but that was dry heat.

We were drinking at least 2 litres of water every hour.

So, please, if you have to come away from the air-conditioning, drink lots of water.

...and do you get out every ten minutes or so to go to the toilet... :D

Seems like a good day to stay inside and read the forum!    :o

That is hot!

I once experienced 46C in Israel, but that was dry heat.

We were drinking at least 2 litres of water every hour.

So, please, if you have to come away from the air-conditioning, drink lots of water.

....I'm in Sydney now and it's quite cool (12:52 am), but my other half told me today that it was extremely hot at home in Nonthaburi, so I can believe the 41.5...

It does seem warmer this year than last, but that might be just where we live this year compared to the place we had in Sukhumvit.

I worked in Dubai for a couple of years and August used to see temps of around 46 or more in the day with a humidity of around 75% to 80% - yes it's awful - the locals all leave... the way to cope - go to a shopping centre or stay at the office!