5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

If the game is on for Sunday at Sathorn i may not be able to make it.

Coming back from Koh Chang to On-nut then to Sathorn may be a bit too much considering the England match is on at 7:15pm.

Adam, if you can update me by text or phonecall i would be very grateful. I am off to Koh Chang tomorrow and not taking my notebook :)

Have a good day everybody

Ok, cheers Steve, will text if it's on.

Have a nice trip to Chang.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's what I propose:

-We book to play at the Sathorn place as usual, Sundays at 5pm, until our credit is used up

-If/when it rains, we change and go to one of the astro turf pitches in Thonglor/Ekkamai - whichever has a pitch available last minute.

-When our credit at the Sathorn place is used up, or the rainy season makes it futile to even try going there, we book at one of the astro turf pitches in Thonglor/Ekkamai

How about that?

Ok, here's what I propose:

-We book to play at the Sathorn place as usual, Sundays at 5pm, until our credit is used up

-If/when it rains, we change and go to one of the astro turf pitches in Thonglor/Ekkamai - whichever has a pitch available last minute.

-When our credit at the Sathorn place is used up, or the rainy season makes it futile to even try going there, we book at one of the astro turf pitches in Thonglor/Ekkamai

How about that?

Sounds good to me Adam.......

Sounds sensible as long as we are watching the forecasts for the weather. Currently google is telling me that it is a 30 - 40 percent chance of rain. (Not that the weather man ever seems to get it right saying that!)

The only issue for me is that last minute changes can be risky. It might be that not everyone will get the message, if you pick a covered pitch then the show will go on no matter what.

But, whatever suits everyone best I'm easy... :)

The only issue for me is that last minute changes can be risky. It might be that not everyone will get the message,

So long as I've got everyone's mobile phone no. then I'd assume we can avoid the problem of people not getting last-minute messages.

I'll try chase the rest I don't have (including u)...

If any of the following guys see this can you email me your number please:

-BBBB

-Beechy

-BkkStevieJai

-ChrisDino

-ChrisMoss

-KCM

-Luang

-Roser87

-TheHabs

-VickSajnani

-Vid1

-Wossnext

Ok guys, I went ahead and booked the court at Sathorn Sponsor Park for 4pm - 6pm tomorrow (Sunday 30th May).

I've made it at 4pm again for a few reasons:

-England match is on at 7.15pm tomorrow

-The rain has been coming mainly around 6pm-8pm the last week

-It's cooled down a bit and is quite cloudy at the moment, so hopefully it won't be as hot at 4 tomorrow as it was a month ago.

So, I know a few guys are away or not available this week, but I'm counting in most that were around last week, and hopefully we'll also have a few more now the curfew's over and transport's back to normal etc.

Can the following guys please reply by email with your phone no.'s, so I/we can contact you if we need to change the venue last minute etc.:

-BBBB

-Beechy

-BkkStevieJai

-KCM

-Luang

-Roser87

-TheHabs

-VickSajnani

-Vid1

And here's the contact list for this week (please post here on the ThaiVisa topic thread if I've got your availability wrong or you've not yet confirmed):

Expected for Sunday 30th May:

- Damaja

- JonnyF

- Groovetank

- Tamo

- vid1

- Bkksteviejai

- Roser87

- BBBB

Maybe, but not confirmed:

- KCM

- Richard_smith237

- SICA

- EmanuelSWE

Can't make it (till) or haven't been/seen/heard from for a while:

- Jai Shankar (+? 6th June?)

- Angustan [Angus] (6th June?)

- FlaxChris [Chris A.] (6th June?)

- Beechy [Mike] (injured?)

- Thehabs [simon] (?)

- Beejoir [Chris] (injured ?)

- Sure [Kris] (?)

- MegaRanter [Meks]

- Luang [Dave] (? -injured)

- Neutronium [bob] (? -injured)

- Chrisdino [Chris Y.?]

- ChrisMoss [Chris M.]

- Wossnext [steve] (?)

- MSingh [Wes] (?) -

Cheers & hope to see many of you tomorrow,

-Adam.

Morning all,

i hope if you played last night, it was a success. Just wanted to let you know that i am available any night this week except Friday, and at present am definitely available for Sunday (may have to go to Surin for work but not confirmed yet)

Keep me up to date with any plans.

have a great day

Yep, yep, yep! That time is here again - roll call!

court at Sathorn Sponsor Park booked again 4pm - 6pm tomorrow (Sunday 6th June).

So, I've got u confirmed SICA, and the rest? Same as last week?

Expected for 4pm Sunday 6th June:

- Damaja

- JonnyF

- Groovetank (with b'day hangover?)

- Tamo

- vid1

- Bkksteviejai

- Roser87

- BBBB

- Thehabs

- SICA

Maybe, but not confirmed:

- Jai Shankar

- Angustan

- FlaxChris

- Richard_smith237

- EmanuelSWE

- Neutronium

- VickSajnani

Can't make it (till) or haven't been/seen/heard from for a while:

- KCM (17th June)

- Beechy [Mike] (injured?)

- Beejoir [Chris] (injured ?)

- Sure [Kris] (?)

- MegaRanter [Meks]

- Luang [Dave] (? -injured)

- Chrisdino [Chris Y.?]

- ChrisMoss [Chris M.]

- Wossnext [steve] (?)

- MSingh [Wes] (?) -

Cheers & hope to see many of you tomorrow,

-Adam.

Edited by damaja

Sorry for the no-show yesterday guys, emergency i'm afraid!

Off to Surin this week but hope to be back for the weekend. Please keep me posted

if anything planned for Sunday.

Have a good day everybody

Oops!

I nearly forgot to post up that I managed to get a booking slot for today (Tueday 8th June) from 7pm - 8pm.

I asked on Sunday after we'd finished about booking Wednesday or Thursday, but it was already fully booked both evenings from 6pm through till 10pm.

So, who's on for it this evening then?

Ok, well, I only got 1 other esponse other than ones here (from Jai, saying he couldn't)

so, that's 3 - 5 takers for this evening:

- damaja

- groovetank (maybe +1)

- neutronium

[- angus (doubtful maybe)]

if no more takers/confirmers by 6.30pm we'll have to cancel I'm afraid

sad.gif

I went down to cancel the booking and they were cool about it, so no charge or credit lost.

I also asked again about whether we can make a booking more than a week in advance (to try and get a Wednesday/Thursday slot) and they basically said all the early evening slots on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are rolling bookings and are fully booked every week for the time 6.30pm till 10pm. The slot we had for tonight (Tuesday) for 7pm-8pm, is the only one available.

Should be noted, by the way, that at 6pm - 8pm on week days Sathorn Rd. is totally jammed, so getting there by car is pretty difficult.

There's *some* slots open on Monday or Friday, but I'm personally not up for a Monday as it's too soon after playing Sunday, and though I'd be up for Fridays I very much doubt it would be a popular enough time for enough to play.

If/when we start playing more regularly at one of the other places (Arena10 or Arsenal football school), we could reconsider according to their booking schedule(s).

So, at the moment we only really have two options for weekday games:

1) we could play after 10pm

2) we book again for next Tuesday, same slot - 7pm-8pm

?

whistling.gif