5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, not been watchin the thread for a few days, but great to see few new peeps up for playing!

All welcome and mixed skill level or fitness is par for the course, so don't worry HCplace, if you can kick a ball and run you're in!

For newcomers, the location details are at the 1st post/page of this thread. Cheers TheHabs et al for updates...

Court is confirmed for Sunday at 4pm, fees will be 180bht or less, as usual.

See you there!

A.

:)

guys as i stay in rachada and hence would be driving from asoke to rama iv rd and then making a left turn at the suanlum night market to sathorn, any of you staying there know if any of these roads are closed? if so then i can take another route tomorrow... thanks

booking still on, but lost track of who's around and who's not - been very busy week 4 me...

I remember Anthony saying he's away for a few months now and I think KCM (goalkeeper) is away this week, plus one or two others may have said last week they won't be around. So, I guess everyone who's here go as usual and we see what we've got.

4pm as usual.

Ok, so who is coming tomorrow (9th)?

There's good news for all and even better news for the people that stayed till end last week...

The 'new' manager told me that we've been victims of "corruption" the last couple of months and we'd been over charged by 600 baht every week and now we have 11 hours credit!!!!

So, for the 6 players that paid 260 each last week, I have 100 baht to give you back this week.

For everyone else, we now have two choices:

a) we get 1 free hour every week for the next 10 weeks - meaning we pay 600 bht for the whole 2 hours (50 - 70 bht each)

b ) we get 2 hours for free for the next 5 weeks

I personally prefer 'a)'...

?

Edited by damaja

Hi Adam, I'm in for tomorrow assuming we get the minimum number of players...

Good news about the "corruption". I thought the new guy was trying to squeeze more out of us - not give us a refund for the previous rip-offs! Land Of Surprises eh :)

Hi Adam, I'm in for tomorrow assuming we get the minimum number of players...

Good news about the "corruption". I thought the new guy was trying to squeeze more out of us - not give us a refund for the previous rip-offs! Land Of Surprises eh :)

Quite a thing in Thailand isn't it,to recieve good news about corruption :D

One things for sure the price will probably go up again soon,just a sweetner on his part.

Still you have got "credited" footy for a few weeks anyhow,corruption in all levels of footy god the Thai's learn quickly.

i'm in tomorrow along with Sam (new player last week) as i just spoke to him. We should easily get 10 players this week, plus the 3 new malaysian guys who told us they will be there tomo. The only omission from last week is Simon i think.

Actually, I know already Tamo won't be coming as he's away, and Beechy (mike) has also emailed me to say he's injured still from last week.

Plus, I tried to call Jai, the Malaysian guy that dropped by last week, but no answer and no reply to an email I sent yesterday either...

So, that would mean of the 8 that started last week, 4 will not be here this week and only Sam to add it back up to a grand total of...5 !

unless of course there's others that intend to come but aren't letting us know on here ?!?!

yes, 4pm.

Great to hear you'll be coming too Brian, cheers!

I got email from Kelvin now too, so that gives us:

-me

-jonnyF

-angustan

(+jeff?)

-richard_smith..

-KCM (+1?)

-Roser87 (rob)

-BBBBB (brian)

We ended up with enough new players last Sunday for it be quite a good turn out of 14 players in the end!

But, due to popular demand, I've changed our time slot for next week (and onwards) to 5pm, as it's getting a bit too hot to play comfortably at 4pm.

Normally, this would mean that our fees for playing at the later time would be increased, as the 2nd hour is during peak (double rate) time. But as we've got 9 off-peak hours of credit, I'll get the manager to give us the 1st hour free, so it'll be 1200 bht total for 2 hours. Which is actually still a reduction from our recent total of 1800 bht. At least for the next 9 sessions anyway.

So, who will be around to play next Sunday at 5pm?

Hi guys,

just saw this thread. I am really interested in coming along. I really miss playing!!

I can join most weeks but occasionally i have to travel to Surin for work. I will give notice though.

Are you still looking for players? I appreciate that you won't be playing until the protests end but i would love to come along and join you all. Not too bad an outfield player but a better goal keeper!

Thanks guys. Hope to hear from somebody soon.