5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys i have already called and book a 5 a side pitch from 5-7pm. We just need 10 players, which comes to 300 THB per person but hack, consider it as making up for missing last week :)

I'm trying to get Sam and we should definitely check with the regular players like Simon, Tamo, Chris etc.

See you guys there today at 5pm

Hi Angus, I'll be there..........count me in

i have pm KCM already but it will be better if we could call him. How about Simon?

For all those players that has soccer boots, pls bring them as it will be more comfortable wearing boots on the astro turf.

I would also suggest for everyone to get there earlier at 4:45pm

Location: If you are coming down from Thonglor, once you see Witch Tavern pub on your right, you need to turn right into Soi 10 right after the pub. After turning right, its about 500m down the road. its on the left hand side. Once you see Muse Club its right there. U can't miss it, its in the same compound as Funky Vlla, Demo club.

Turns out I don't have tel. no.s for several regulars actually, including:

-simon

-kelvin

-mike

or new guys:

-viksajnani

-brazilian (mike?) & Thai 'Bin'

-Thai 'Som'

-Canadian/American (can't remember his name -played last time)

Great, cheers Emanuel.

Called SICA (steve) and he's in too.

-Damaja (adam)

-Angus

-Groovetank (J)

-BBBB

-Jonny F

-Roser87 (Rob)

-BKKStevie

-Tamo

-Chris A.

-Vid1 (Vik)

-SICA (steve)

-Emanuel

...lookin like we might have good turnout today! Excellent!

Credit due to Angus (& BBBB & Josh) for seeking out the alternative pitch - cheers guys!

:)

Edited by damaja

Thanks for tonight, lads. Good laugh, good pitch.

Do let me know when and where for the next one. If you play in the week i can't male Thursday and i will do my best to be there for next Sunday. 50/50 at the moment.

Thanks again guys.

Gutted I could give the flashy new pitch a whirl, got some astro turn boots here too.... aghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ha... I wouldn't be surprised if you had a few pairs of sport shoes to try out

All Adidas by any chance? :)

Gutted I could give the flashy new pitch a whirl, got some astro turn boots here too.... aghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ha... I wouldn't be surprised if you had a few pairs of sport shoes to try out

All Adidas by any chance? :)

All..... free is the magic number.

Any update if there is an evening game this week?

I can't make Thursday night but i will do my best to be available to be around for Sunday.

Talking of Sunday, have you heard about the Arena 10 being a centre for stalls affected byt the fire at Siam Square?

Don't know if that will affect any footie on Sunday night. might be worth a call to check??

Well, I was going to go to the Sathorn footy place yesterday evening to see about any free slots for playing Wednesday, but it started raining, so didn't.

Then this evening I went again, and got to the corner of Sathorn at about 7.10pm and it CHUCKED IT DOWN with rain and I got soaked trying to dash back home!

So... weather reports for Wednesday are exactly the same as last two days with 70% chance of rain ( http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?StationNumber=48455 ) ...

If 10 people say they're willing to come down and see anyway, I'm fairly sure we'll be able to get a time slot after 7pm (as there's bound to have been a drop-off in bookings) and I'll go there too. But if it rains any time after 6pm, I think we can forget it. As you'll mostly all know, the Sathorn place isn't sheltered and is completely unusable if wet.

So...?

Well, I was going to go to the Sathorn footy place yesterday evening to see about any free slots for playing Wednesday, but it started raining, so didn't.

Then this evening I went again, and got to the corner of Sathorn at about 7.10pm and it CHUCKED IT DOWN with rain and I got soaked trying to dash back home!

So... weather reports for Wednesday are exactly the same as last two days with 70% chance of rain ( http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?StationNumber=48455 ) ...

If 10 people say they're willing to come down and see anyway, I'm fairly sure we'll be able to get a time slot after 7pm (as there's bound to have been a drop-off in bookings) and I'll go there too. But if it rains any time after 6pm, I think we can forget it. As you'll mostly all know, the Sathorn place isn't sheltered and is completely unusable if wet.

So...?

I'm playing Golf today just north of Bangkok, but start time delayed slightly to rain!....not sure if I'll be able to get back home then down to Sathorn to play. Hope the traffics not too bad.

Can't make it in time now as i will have to go home to get my gear and then to Sathorn.

Let me know if there is anything going on for Sunday evening and i'll do my best to get there. Might be a bit late.

The England v Japan game is on at 7:15pm that evening if anybody fancies a few beers after playing?

There is another good Astro pitch on sukumvit 71 soi 21, just after the Nigerian Embassy on the left, its the Arsenal Academy.

It has several good grounds and always a vacant one. Did i mention the all girls team that kick about there 2wice weekly?

Just know that already so many farang teams and clubsides play there too, so better ask first to avoid them ignoring you.

turn into soi 21 about 200 meters on ya left, you will never miss the Gunners lighted board.

There is another good Astro pitch on sukumvit 71 soi 21, just after the Nigerian Embassy on the left, its the Arsenal Academy.

It has several good grounds and always a vacant one. Did i mention the all girls team that kick about there 2wice weekly?

http://www.arsenalthai.com/_website/RentalFees.aspx

These pitches look cool and a good price.

Needless to say, even though it didn't rain Wednesday evening, not enough people (1) were available to play... :D

Arsenal pitch is indeed an option. It's pretty much same price as Arena10 - 1500 bht an hour.

Only diff.s are it's a bit further from centre (one more stop on the BTS).

But it's a bigger pitch - 19m x 27m at Arena 10 vs. 20m x 40m at Arsenal (that's if the website info is accurate - no guarantees on that here obviously!)

Shame the online booking system doesn't work for either!

Anyway, yes, we have 2 good options there for astroturf pitches in roughly the same part of town (Thonglor-Ekkamai), at 1500 bht/hr.

However, real question is:

-Do we play at Sathorn one this Sunday (for FREE!) to use some of our outstanding credit?

I know some of you guys probably aren't fussed about the money saved, but some may be (including myself).

:)

If the game is on for Sunday at Sathorn i may not be able to make it.

Coming back from Koh Chang to On-nut then to Sathorn may be a bit too much considering the England match is on at 7:15pm.

Adam, if you can update me by text or phonecall i would be very grateful. I am off to Koh Chang tomorrow and not taking my notebook :)

Have a good day everybody