Multiple Entry Visa

Hi All,

I wasnt sure where to put this query, but here goes...

I have a non-immagrant type b visa which is due to expire at the end of June. As i dont want to leave thailand and i dont have a work permit what are my options? I know i cannot renew this visa whist in thailand (unless i have a work permit). This might be possible (to gain a work permit before the end of june) but i would like to make sure i have my options encase a work permit and job is not possible to gain.

am i right in assuming that so long as i leave thailand before the end of june (say to burma) i would gain a tour visa upon entry? if so, would i get the 2 months? and what do i do two months later? burma again? and gain another 2 months? i dont think i can do what im asking......

can anyone help advise me? i have contacted the thai consulate about it but have failed to get a response...

if anyone has been in or is in the same situation as me i would highly appreciate yoru advise :)

kind regards

Lee

I believe you have a multi entry non immigrant B visa if it does not expire until June. Which means you can exit country at any time during the validity of the visa and obtain a new 90 day stay on return. And that would also be true if you return the day before the visa expires (a new 90 day permitted to stay).

thanks for helping me move it, i couldn't see the visa section, sorry :)

i have been here since june 2009 so my one year is up in june 2010, i do the visa runs now to get my 90 days, i just wonder what my options are in june 2010 failing me getting a job with work permit :D hope this clarify s things more

thanks for the advice thus far tho :D

much appreciated

lee

Do a border run just before your multple entry visa expires and you will receive a new 90 day permission to stay on re-entry, which will take your stay through to September 2010. It is your permission to stay that allows you to remain in the Kingdom, not your visa.

Thank you so much for this, this is perfect news... :)

one more little question - after September - can i then do a boarder run and again a 60 day tourist visa? and stay until November? or am i pushing my luck with this?

Thank you for youre advice so far, much help

lee

After September you will need to obtain a new visa from consulate abroad. You cannot obtain at the border. Vientiane would be a good place to go if you want to stay here for more time, and can apply for double entry tourist visa if required (free of charge). With extensions and a border run in the middle, that would give you nearly 6 months further stay.

Again, a massive thank you for your advice here...

let me make sure I have understood this correctly:-

my non-immigrant visa is null and void (after June 2010 - it was issued to me at the end of June 2009) unless I return to my home country (UK) and gain a new one there.... (no intention of doing this unless I absolutely have too - flights are far too expensive...)

therefore; before the end of June when my non-immigrant visa expires I need to go to Burma (for example) and gain a further 90 days taking me up to the end of September,

then if I visit vientiane (I am right in thinking this is Laos right?) and re-enter Thailand - I can gain a double tourist visa for up to six months with a visa run in the middle (again going to the likes of Burma)? making my stay in Thailand up too the end of march 2011...

The last thing I want to do is have to return to the UK at the moment so that will be my last option :) am I right in the above from what you have advised me?

Thanks for your patience on this with me and sorry if I'm going over the same thing again, I just need to be totally clear on this as the last thing I want to do is get into trouble while I am here :D

Kind regards

Lee

Yes, a border run before your current multiple entry visa expires will give you new 90 day permission to stay on entry. At the end of September you must go to Thai consulate abroad for a new visa.

If obtain double entry tourist visa:

On re-entry into Thailand you will receive 60 day permission to stay. Before expiry you can extend your permission to stay for further 30 days at Thai immigration. At around day 88 (day before the visa expires) you need to do border run and re-enter Thailand to activate your second 60 day stay. Then extend permission to stay again for further 30 days at Thai immigration. That would give you nearly 6 months stay. Fees for extensions are 1,900 baht each time.

hi there

what if this gentleman left just before his visa expired, got another 90 days, but then exited the country within those 90 days for a short period then returned? Would this mean his remaining time left on the 90 day visa would be void, or could he at least remain until it ended?

cheers

dm

Yes, a border run before your current multiple entry visa expires will give you new 90 day permission to stay on entry. At the end of September you must go to Thai consulate abroad for a new visa.

If obtain double entry tourist visa:

On re-entry into Thailand you will receive 60 day permission to stay. Before expiry you can extend your permission to stay for further 30 days at Thai immigration. At around day 88 (day before the visa expires) you need to do border run and re-enter Thailand to activate your second 60 day stay. Then extend permission to stay again for further 30 days at Thai immigration. That would give you nearly 6 months stay. Fees for extensions are 1,900 baht each time.

ok, this is much clearer and most appreciated.

one final question, where you said 'At the end of September you must go to Thai consulate abroad for a new visa' is this what you mentioned about Laos? could I obtain this there? I am happy gaining a tourist Visa rather than renewing my Non-Immigrant visa.... As i don't intend to stay in Thailand past xmas 2010, infact will be looking to leave Thailand before Christmas 2010.

(I know you're probably banging your head against the wall now as I am sure I'm being fairly thick on this one so massive apologies) :)

Regards

Lee

Given your stated plans, a single entry tourist visa plus extension (giving overall 90 day stay) may suffice. If so, you can obtain at any consulate within the region. Vientiane (Laos) was specifically mentioned for obtaining a double entry tourist visa.