Stickers Ban Free Sex On Tourist Island

george

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The senator from Khon Kaen should mind his own business.  If ever a town was wide open (pun intended) KK is one. 

BANGKOK: --

... The decision follows pleas by Khon Kaen Senator Rabiabrat Pongpanit to prevent tourists on the island having sex in public after the island's notorious Full Moon parties.

It sounds to me as if the Senator (newly appointed) is flexing his new found political muscle and is trying to make his mark.

As a resident of Khon Kaen i'd prefer him to concentrate on matters closer to home.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Senator in question is a woman. I think she is the same Senator who caused a ruckus last year by questioning the traditons of some Northern temples that ban women. She was excoriated by much of the Thai public for that stance, and was even threatened with impeachment, and death.

I guess the issue of foreign public-sex is a no-brainer for her to regain the confidence of the Thai public.

Edited by kat

This is the lady senator frequently portrayed in the Thai press as enjoying, and sometimes employing, the company of men far younger than herself.

Not, of course, for displays in public for obvious reasons.

But who believes these gossip columns? We at Thai Visa are surely above that...

:o

I would suggest that people be appointed to check that money has changed hands, and then issue "sex has been paid for" stickers. :o

"Sex Credit Stickers" sounds more like it...Maybe can buy two and get one free or can add up like air miles and can be used in some famous places as credit in the Bangkok massage hotels like Juliana and Catharina.

Don't worry Folks, someday I'll BUY my OWN Island, and then Everyone can come have Sex on the Beach if they want. People can all run around Naked if they want, Drink as much as they want, Party Dance and have fun. Just like the old days before the Republicans came along. :o

One working girl I have been friends with for years assures me that one ONE full moon party night she had 18 short-times...all in the beach area...

R

Eeeew! :o Hard luck no. 18.

And 17.

And 16, 15, 14.... :D

An official, quoted in' The Daily News' today, said there were very few instances of public sex between foreigners on the beach, kissing and embracing was as far as it went, the beach was too public; of far greater concern to him was the number of Thai prostitutes openly operating and advertising their products in the area.

In my view Mrs Rabiebrat is right on sometimes, she had stickers produced for the back of cars, condemning husbands with mistresses, she stuck up for the rights of women in the north to visit sacred areas of temples; but like all the rich Thais , they have no idea why some of the poor are so willing to prostitute themselves.

tourists having free sex could be arrested.

But paying for it is perfectly exceptable ??? :D

:D:D:D:D TIT

Correct ! :D:D:D

That's why if someone takes money for sex should have a cash register. In my country we have such a law and it says also: "the client should ask for a receipt and keep it until the leave of the ponit of transaction"! So - no free sex=higher tax incomes :D Problem could appears latter - if you keep the receipt longer and SHE has found it in your pocket... image her face while she's reading the services you have got... :o

However - if I have a valid receipt for getting not free sex service - will be legal?

This is just some silliness from a politician. Anyone remember when prostitution was made illegal, what happened to that law?

Also, is "free sex" ok in Koh Phangan/Koh Samui? I mean they are the traditional full moon party islands; I though Phuket was full of 4/5 star tourists. Not quite the types you would associate with magic mushrooms and full moon parties!

Anyway, what has Khon Kaen got to do with Phuket? I mean, Khon Kaen is a long way from Phuket.

Edited by MaiChai

The decision follows pleas by Khon Kaen Senator Rabiabrat Pongpanit to prevent tourists on the island having sex in public after the island's notorious Full Moon parties.

Khon Kaen? Well, you can't see the beaches of Pha-ngan from there. So what is he doing there?

But it's good news for Khon Kaen. All problems under control, the senator can take care of the rest of the country :o

It's a "she" by the way.. a very conservative lady known for making a fuss over the demoralization of Thai society.

Something here is wrong !!! Not peole having sex but politics and cops not getting it.. May all and everybody start ###### eatchother everytime they see a cop or politic, That way you will be ending up sqreewing yourself in the land of Smile .. Its all of its tits dudes .. Its like nobody is out there in the night time /// they are and if they dont like to see what they see - go home lick on mamys lollipop suckers !!!!! As stupid it can be - Obs They Did it Again !!!!!

Amazing THAILAND , When are they gonna get it ??? Obiously not thru the golden Statue !!!

:o LOL

FREE??? Nothing - that means NOTHING, IS FOR FREE - right? I'm 100% convinced everything does indeed have a "COST" regardless of price paid or not, or any actual or implied value.

What's that to do with FREE sex? It means the "FREE" that Thai leaders (oxymoron???) are refering to means "FREE" for all to see (as in no cover charge)

"Why don't we do it in the road? Some Thai folks will be watching us... but why don't we just do it in the road?"

"FREE" here is not meant in terms of spending money, nor of bar-girl's working off two for one promotional deals as it may otherwise imply; but rather of very wasted farang dudes "FREE" ballin' it on the beaches because they are far too messssssed-up on X to care about getting a room or who might be lucky enough to see their cavemen on holiday conquest.

And I'll bet my left nut this is going down mostly with Khao San razor stubble babes, just wasted enough for the "let's be as one with nature" bit...not with Thai girls as you might be thinking; regardless of what their actual "COST" might be.

Besides, ain't that a God given right to do as we please when visiting places that ain't quite as civilized as like where we come from?

Welcome to Thailand...

PLEASE DON'T EVER TRY THIS AT HOME!!! :D:o

:D

When was SEX ever FREE?? I have had to pay in one way or another for years..

Why don't these newspapers and govenment agencies pay a REAL American or even a British subject how to write a story or at least proof read them...???

We all know they mean a display of "public nudity" and "public intercourse" ...

This sort of thing should be done in those rented rooms or behind closed door as I agree with any government against this sort of behavior. Okay.. yes some of us got it going on at Devonshire Downs in the San Fernando Valley in SoCal, at theworld infamous New York's "Woodstock" and Great Britians "The Isle of Wight" in 1969 .. I know as I was at all three concerts... Lots of public nudity and sex, drugs and rock n roll as well  But today we are all visitors to a country that is changing and is starting to grow up a wee bit better.. Yes things here are very slow.. but look again at how many kidnappings as Mexico City and all the grime and crime of Costa Rico.. I agree NOT to bang a hooker or your wife on the beach in public.. very tasteless.. :o

Ain't you forgetting the US festival out in San Berdo' round bout 1979, and before that let's not forget good ol' Cal Jam I & II at the Ontario Speedway, before they tore that baby down... first time I ever smelled that wacky weed and I was just around 6-7yrs old. Course I had all my clothes on then, but not everyone else did I recall. :D

given that most of you fella's don't speak much thai...

Thai's use the english words 'free sex' to mean what we would call casual sex.

There are alot of Thai's are concerned about this. It is frowned upon for cultural reasons. But then again, in the west we aren't exactly encouraging our kids to shag around are we. Even if they do 'do it' which many Thai's do, they are not big fans for PDA's (public displays of affection), which is probably the main bone of contention for this particular senator.

But the sounds of it, this Senator is a bit more than a moralistic prude who just wants to raise her vote with a morals crusade. But then agan if she is, she isn't any different to many US/Australian/UK right of centre politicians now is she?

Edited by samran

Ok - perhaps that is the Thai definition of "FREE SEX", but in the context of the article it seems to mean sex in middle of public.

It's not exactly fair to complain about the confusing grammer used by someone if it is not their native language.

Unless of course it winds you up in jail.

But shoudn't that common sense, wouldn't ya think...

Oh well...can't say you weren't warned!

Perhaps one could make some money by hiting out "Private Sex Tents" for those who don't want to run foul of these new "Free" sex prohibitions.

I would enjoy the ribald comments from those passing the queue for this service.

How does 50 Baht for 15 minutes sound?

Something here is wrong !!! Not peole having sex but politics and cops not getting it..

Eh? Cops not getting it? So those 2 Boys in Brown i see regularly down the Karaoke with TG's all round 'em are just on their 'routine patrols'?

And as for politic(ian)s, well... :o

Pha-ngan Island’s “Full Moon Party” to continue

SURAT THANI: -- The famous “Full Moon Party” on Thailand’s southern Koh Pha-ngan, or Pha-ngan Island will not be cancelled, despite increasing complaints that the party has got out of hand with rampant drug use and sex, according to local officials.

The Surat Thani governor, Vichit Vichaisarn plans to hold a meeting of government officials and local entrepreneurs to discuss how to organise the party in future in a more orderly manner.

“Inappropriate acts will not be allowed, we don’t care that much about earning a huge income,” the governor told TNA.

Koh Pha-ngan is an island paradise in the Gulf of Thailand, located a hundred kilometres from the coast of the southern province of Surat Thani and about 15 kilometres from the famous resort island of Koh Samui.

The notorious “Full Moon Party” attracts holidaymakers from around the world, mainly western tourists, and is an important source of revenue for the island. The Full Moon Party has been held for 25 years.

“If the party is no good, local islanders would not have allowed the party to continue for such a long period and foreign tourists might not take long-haul flights to stay in this tropical island destination,” said the chairman of the provincial committee on tourist development.

A small group of people who act inappropriately should not be allowed to spoil it for the rest, he said.

--TNA 2005-05-01

Sorry, was a bit busy yesterday and didn't see this until today. Dear hubby has already seen it in the Thai news and apparently this Senator from Khon Kaen went to the FMP last month but only stayed an hour and it was her staff that saw people having sex on the beach. Apparently, according to my husband, the general consensus in the Thai news is 1) what was she doing at the FMP in the first place? and 2) how can her staff be so sure without actually going around taking photos? Screams publicity stunt to me.

This isn't to say there isn't sex on the beach at the FMP party but it certainly isn't all farang girls as some misguided posters seem to think, several of my customers have reported seeing farang men get bj's on the beach by what appeared to be Thai girls (could have been katoeys tho). Also, I must add, that in all fairness, some customers of ours saw public bj's between farang men and young Thai guys on Patong beach in the middle of the day a few years ago. At least these people are doing it in the dark and have the excuse of being drunk.

Seems to me that they could use these stickers in many places besides Koh Phangan.

Perhaps one could make some money by hiting out "Private Sex Tents" for those who don't want to run foul of these new "Free" sex prohibitions.

I would enjoy the ribald comments from those passing the queue for this service.

...Would this figure include full tent erection and being shown the ropes? :o

Perhaps one could make some money by hiring out "Private Sex Tents" for those who don't want to run foul of these new "Free" sex prohibitions.

Sounds great! Put me down for 5 minutes worth :o