Regarding Taking Daughter To Uk

hamishgillan

in september last year i made the application for my daughters UK citizenship. now lets just imagine for a moment that it is granted, and i want to take her over to the UK, will her Uk passport be enough or will i need something or rather (document) saying that her thai mother approves of this as she is still a minor....

cheers, (loving being back in the UK at the moment 4 a while,just climbed arthurs seat twice in Edinburgh today yeah, pork pies and cumberland sausages ahoy!)

Edited by Mario2008
link to commercial website for cheap flights removed - mario2008

I have heard that if the child is born in Thailand, the first time he/she leaves the country both parents will need to agree, either by acompanying the child or via written condsent.

... but not having done it my self, I cant say for certain if this reg is actually enfiorced on the ground...

I applied about the same time, they told me 3-4 months got it back within a month

Passport took another 10 days :)

One day I will take her to the UK and a little worried about leaving

Have a letter signed by her Mother with her ID card on it saying she can go,

is that enough?

Her Mother comes Maybe once a month for an hour, suits me

Good luck hamishgillan hope you get it

:D

When I went to the UK with my daughter I was told I needed a letter, which I got from her mother giving her consent, but all I needed was the usual copies. Mother's signed copy of ID card & Tabien Baan which they didn't keep. No problems at all. My daughter had her Thai and UK passport with her. She was three at the time.

If you are on good relations with your baby's mother now and she doesn't mind if you take your daughter overseas; I would advise getting a copy of the letter, ID and tabien baan signed (but not dated). Then just hold onto it until you plan on heading overseas.

It sounds like the baby's mama doesn't have a problem now, but who knows about the future, so as long as you have copies "pre-signed" then you have a fail safe if the relationship ever deteriorates.

i want to take her over to the UK, will her Uk passport be enough or will i need something or rather (document) saying that her thai mother approves of this as she is still a minor....

Don't forget that if your daughter is returning to Thailand after the visit, then it would be a good idea to ensure she has a valid Thai Passport as well...