High School Diploma -

Seems to me that in the Volunteer thread they wound up discussing the relevant law and came to the correct conclusion; that work done voluntarily is still illegal unless some paperwork is done.  I'm still trying to figure out how your post relates to the topic of Teaching In Thailand without a high school diploma.

Steven

Well done I wish I was as sure of the lottery numbers as I am of your blinkered responses.

Please go back to my first paragraph where I commented on shift2k's response on Teaching in Thailand without a High School Diploma.

The constant reference to "newbies", initial posts, first posts by posters such as yourself attempting to downgrade any poster who does not aspire for seniority by numbers of posts submitted speaks volumes in itself.

My reference to Volunteering was an example of "flaming" newbies receive from self promoted experts and yes Steven I have been involved in the Education field for many years ( Australia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, and Thailand).

Try as I may, I find nothing in your post before last addressing the topic of teaching in Thailand without even a high school diploma. There's plenty of strange, meandering complaints about how certain people have been mistreated somehow- but nothing about teaching in Thailand without a high school diploma.

Let's see, your last post... a sad personal attack on me... protests about the use of the word newbie... another sad personal attack... a reference to an alleged flame war that did not happen (the discussion in that thread was lively but there was no flaming there)... and yet another crudely veiled personal attack on me... and then an unnecessary and defensive attempt to establish your credentials...

Nope, I still don't see anything on the issue of whether a person should be able to become a teacher in Thailand without having graduated from high school in his own country. You were aware that that is the topic here?

"Steven"

Steven you may have missed the lead in -Shift2k Your post makes very good sense .

Correct me if I am wrong in thinking the post by Shift2k was about Teaching in Thailand without a HSD.

Sreven you have your opinion and I have mine re the use of "newbie" and I do not agree with your perception of "alleged flame war that did not happen".

In regard to personal attack nothing personal but if you choose to put down new posters or members who only post on the odd occaison then also be prepared to be critiqued.

Credentials - defensive if that is your opinion so be it!

It is amazing how bad some of the fakes are there and the attitude of the forgers.

Saw some degrees from the same university as me, only problem is, they were printed the wrong way on the form. The real degrees are printed in "Portrait" or the sheet is vertical, these were Landscape or the sheet being left to right. I would like to see someone explain that one.

The other one was I had a forger tel me my Thai Drivers lisences were fake. Why, because they had consecutive numbers and some of the colours didn't look right. Of course they had come from the Transport ministary the week before.

I believe this will be my third post to this wonderful forum. Let me first say that I love reading the forum, and have received countless bits of information over the past year. I must say though, that many of you are down right condescending. It's not enough that you feel the need to comment at all, but then must continue to tear into another poster with out any regard for their feelings. The above post was most likely the product of a "Native" English teacher, yet appears to be no more grammatically correct than that of Mr. Tomazi.

I need to be careful here, because I was apparently binned from the forum for 5 days a while back for correcting someone's English a while back. The poster had written about teaching English but had spelt the word 'etiquette' as 'edicate'. Gawd! :o

And the person who binned me? None other than Mr mattnich, who has just demonstrated his own poor grasp of the spelling of English, confirmed by the previous poster, who also criticizes other posters for their condescending attitude - and also criticises mattnich's use of English.

Given that I was told I was being given 5 days to 'change my attitude' by Mr mattnich, I feel utterly vindicated in the view I took at the time that it was his own attitude that needed some positive adjustment.

Having read all these posts, I agree with the previous poster - lay off other people unless you are above reproach yourself.

And I also think that mattnich's response to me was governed more by him feeling hurt because his own grasp of English is so poor, and he took my reproach to someone else rather too personally.

And now I suppose I will be chucked off the forum again ... Ho, hum.

Has nobody mentioned to go to <No need to spell it out...thanks KK> to get your diploma, pay the extra money and get the transcript as you may need them for the ministry...

Before everybody trashes me, I believe that people who may not be qualified in the eyes of the law to teach can still put a decent lesson together.. but they should stick to beginners as they can confuse self confidence with learnt ability leading to the sublime or ridiculous.

self confidence.

I'm doing fine so far, don't I?
meant as a troll, surely????
Rolo is short on education but rather big in self confidence.

learnt ability.

Shift2K,

Your intentions seem good. However, newbies with outrageous posts or deep indignation about controversial topics (for which qualification levels for teaching in Thailand definitely count) are often only posting to be sarcastic or stir things up (people who do this are called trolls). From experience, most of us figure that the opening poster is obviously a troll- and if he's not, he should certainly expect some derision for planning to teach in school without having even graduated from a high school in his own country. Sorry, but that's how it goes. A line has to be drawn somewhere- many of us disagree on exactly where, but I think almost all of us would agree that the line is above the point of high school graduation. If you don't agree you'll find little sympathy here.

Odd that you would feel moved for one of your first posts to drag up this ol' horse...

"Steven"

Edited by kenkannif

MBKudu,

It may be childish, but despite your goodbye that didn't keep you from joining in the fun, did it? :o

Mijan,

I give up. You just can't seem to post on topic.

Sanook,

If someone without a high school diploma can imitate someone who has one to the extent that he makes it here doing TEFL, I'm not going to stop him. But I'm not going to defend him, either.

I'm amazed there's anyone taking the OP seriously. He was a *troll*, folks!

"Steven"