Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135

MYKTHEMIN

Went to buy the wife a new runaround at the weekend and she wants a new Yamaha 135 Elegance in red with alloy wheels, visited the official Yamaha dealers in Wang Saphung and Loei, all they had in stock was a blue one with wire wheels at 50000, the wife asked if she could order a red one with alloy wheels and was told no on both occasions, as they are no longer being made!

Does this mean that Yamaha are about to announce a new replacement model? the sales sfaff didn't know, any body heard any rumours?

There are red ones in the shops in Pattaya, coming in every day. Alloy wheels or not, they can be put on at the shop.

I think you need to wait a week or find a different shop.

Maybe this is crazy, but you can als contact Yamaha in Bangkok and tell them your predicament, and ask where you should go for a solution, get their name, and then let them know you will call them back from the dealership.

Best of luck

Well toured around Chiang Khan and several bike shops but no Yamaha Nouvo 135's at all, sales staff said only in Loei, so drew a blank! plenty of Honda PCX's though in Loei so I guess will have to settle for one of those, shame really have been a Yamaha customer for years with Thunder Cats, R6's and even raced their fantastic two strokes in my youth.

• 2 weeks later...

Well lads thankfully I waited for a week or so and now Yamaha have just annouced a new 150cc nuovo, flew in Valentino Rossi to Bangkok for the official release yesterday, so an even faster chicken chaser!! I really thought that the honda was overpriced and with loads of electrical bits to soon go wrong and save maybe a thimble of fuel at the traffic lights what a waste of time, probably use the fuel to recharge the battery after all the restarts! :)

Well lads thankfully I waited for a week or so and now Yamaha have just annouced a new 150cc nuovo, flew in Valentino Rossi to Bangkok for the official release yesterday, so an even faster chicken chaser!! I really thought that the honda was overpriced and with loads of electrical bits to soon go wrong and save maybe a thimble of fuel at the traffic lights what a waste of time, probably use the fuel to recharge the battery after all the restarts! :)

You have posted this in multiple threads but I have yet to see any real news confirms..

Some badly translated rumour about a carbed 125 ??

Is there real source for this news ?? I find the nuovo 135 being only out a couple of years, a total revamp a bit unlikely.

I think Richard is right, nothing on Thai website about it (and it would be here if anywhere), only about a new 125cc Mio. The Nouvo 135cc is less than 2 yrs old, I asked at 3 dealers and called the head office in December when I bought mine to ask about a FI Nouvo and they all said no plans to introduce one. And if you look at both the links below you can see they are clearly driving the new 125cc Mio and not a Nouvo!

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/Product/MIO125/

http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/2010/Yamah...enzo+inThailand

Edited by skybluestu