Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Washing/ironing Clothes

I am not sure how it works in Thailand but my girlfriend is looking to maybe purchase a contract to be the owner of a business.

She has some basic info and is yet to go speak with the seller or contractor, but would like some input from elsewhere as well.

I know nothing about business in Thailand...

Basically it a little shop at the base of an apartment building. The space isn't fancy or new. You know.

It has a lot of business and just closed. Now the business is "for sale."

What would be needed would us to pay 150,000 baht, and this money is basically buying a 3 year contract, as well as paying 3000baht / month for renting the space.

After that the income is ours, aside, of course, water bills, electricity, etc.

So the room wouldn't be ours at this price, and have yet to confirm whether the equipment that the business comes with would be ours, but I don't think so. It isn't very big. Maybe the same size as a well big apartment room, quite full of washing machines.

It sounds to me like it is just renting a business or something, and three years is 150,000 baht? I'm not sure what would happen after 3 years. Have yet to ask.

We have a bit of extra cash, but not enough to purchase a whole room and all the equipment.

We are not a mission to wash clothes or anything but just appeals to my girlfriend and the type of work, freedom, and atmosphere she likes. Also the area is right by friends.

Any thoughts?

It seems like nothing would be ours after throwing away 150,000 baht except for a 3 year contract.... About 4100 baht per month.

Not sure if this is the greatest opportunity to jump at...

you really need to figure out the type of garment and the price you would charge per piece.... to arrive at the volume of biz you need....<br /><br />in order for you to be sustaining and profitable....<br /><br />a quick cal would show that--there are 365 days/yr, times that by 3 to arrive at the number of days you have under 'that contract'....<br /><br />divide the 150k by the number of days you have under the contract....<br /><br />the derived answer would be your rental cost per day....<br /><br />now add on to that figure, your labor cost, your utilities cost, your under the table cost to appease the local authority figures.... and finally the profit margin you and yours wish to have....<br /><br />is it worth the hassel....?<br /><br />and if you hire 'others' to labor for you.... they might steal you blind.... for sure.... LOL<br /><br />a personal experience.... two yrs ago, upon accidental visiting one of our managers' home.... his whole house plus his mother's were full of our company's soap, bath towels, glasses, floor mats, tooth paste.... <br /><br />yes, and he is also one of our very productive managers as well.... LOL

why does my post look like this?.... LOL

Edited by nakachalet

Smells odd to me (and it's not just the dirty washing). You can easilly find a place to rent (these small spaces are available all over). Then you'd pay the rent only. Where's the 150,000 going? You can buy quite a number of washing machines for that yourself and own the equipment and it is new. I'd think it odd to buy a washing service as a business (unless maybe they have some luctrative contracts?). Rent space, buy machines and put up a sign out front. Where's the need for 150,000?

I was thinking all the same things.

About 4,000 baht per month is 150k over 3 years.

Plus 3,000 baht rent. Plus maybe 8,000 baht in water, power and soap. (estimate for water, etc, probably off)

Thats already 15,000 baht per month for 3 years....

It has many customers for sure...

So we would need to pull in about 1000 baht per day to be 30,000 baht per month which might be nice. But the niceness is depending on whether the machines will end up being ours and what happens after 3 years.

1000 baht is about 60-100 pieces of cloths washed / ironed depending on shirts or trousers.

She is about to call them and ask the various questions.

I was thinking the same thing. What is 150,000 baht for? Just paying for the customers... If no I don't like it.

So we would need to pull in about 1000 baht per day to be 30,000 baht per month which might be nice. But the niceness is depending on whether the machines will end up being ours and what happens after 3 years.

I also don't think working 30 days a month is realistic (or desirable?). The laundry services in my area work 6 days a week which is further reduced by holidays etc. What happens when someone gets sick? Better to do the mathematics on 20-25 days per month to allow for contingency.